Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

16 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

The line moved up b/c the books might be getting too much money on the Niners to cover and thus they have to increase the number so they can entice betters to put money on the Packers by giving them more points to take. The bookmakers want to get money as equally as possible on both teams in order for the outcome having to payout more to one side if the more popular betting side does in fact win.

Yeah, I get the economics of it. I mean why are more people betting on the Niners as we get closer to the game. 

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

Yeah, I get the economics of it. I mean why are more people betting on the Niners as we get closer to the game. 

I would imagine more folks are betting the Niners b/c they're the favs and I know lot's of folks bet sports and they don't really know or follow much about the sport they're betting and they'll bet the favorite b/c they're more comfortable betting the team that has a better record than the opponent. I remember when I was betting March Madness I never followed it and thus I used to just pick the higher seeded team in all games b/c that's all that I knew. 

7 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Really wish they had built Levi's as a dome

Oh come on. What, it never got nasty at Candlestick in January??? The better teams usually win in bad weather anyway. 

Dome teams, especially on the road in the playoffs are hideous. Never want the 49ers franchise personally to get accustomed to playing indoors, and then it becomes a hinderance later on. 

If the 49ers lose to the Packers, the #1 seed against the #7 seed, blaming the weather will be pathetic. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oh come on. What, it never got nasty at Candlestick in January??? The better teams usually win in bad weather anyway. 

Dome teams, especially on the road in the playoffs are hideous. Never want the 49ers franchise personally to get accustomed to playing indoors, and then it becomes a hinderance later on. 

If the 49ers lose to the Packers, the #1 seed against the #7 seed, blaming the weather will be pathetic. 

Okay that's a fair point for most years where we can't count on the 1 seed. This year specifically though, with all our remaining potential games in domes including Vegas, my gripe stands

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Okay that's a fair point for most years where we can't count on the 1 seed. This year specifically though, with all our remaining potential games in domes including Vegas, my gripe stands

The 1994 NFC title game was played on a field full of mud and the Niners loved it b/c it proved costly for Emmitt Smith playing on a bad hamstring that eventually gave out. At that time the Niners wanted it as rainy & mucky as possible b/c the Cowboys played on Astro turf.