Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

#Eagles RB D’Andre Swift whom is a free agent, is predicted to sign with the #Commanders says Bleacher Report columnist Kristopher Knox.

Knox predicts that the Eagles won’t re-sign Swift to a long deal in which the Commanders will sign him for a three-year, $18 million deal 👀

I mean, he's just not very good. He's insanely talented for sure but I don't see the point of this when you could just draft a RB like Brooks or Corum and they would most likely be better already. 

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, he's just not very good. He's insanely talented for sure but I don't see the point of this when you could just draft a RB like Brooks or Corum and they would most likely be better already. 

I disagree that he’s not good. Just bc the Eagles quit running the ball as much in the 2nd half of the year doesn’t mean that Swift isn’t good. He was good in Detroit too, they just didn’t want to pay him so instead they signed Montgomery & drafted Jamyr Gibbs in R1.

Health is the biggest concern I would have for signing Swift. He played in 16 games last year and surpassed 1000 yards rushing which is encouraging however. Explosive, elusive runner. If he sees the 3rd year of his contract, I would be surprised, but would mean he performed well.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I disagree that he’s not good. Just bc the Eagles quit running the ball as much in the 2nd half of the year doesn’t mean that Swift isn’t good. He was good in Detroit too, they just didn’t want to pay him so instead they signed Montgomery & drafted Jamyr Gibbs in R1.

He had two 100-yard games last season which totally skewed most of his stats for the season. Those two games accounted for 300 yards. He wasn't very good last year. He's never been very good. His talent has always overshadowed his actual output. The only appealing thing is his age. 

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He had two 100-yard games last season which totally skewed most of his stats for the season. Those two games accounted for 300 yards. He wasn't very good last year. He's never been very good. His talent has always overshadowed his actual output. The only appealing thing is his age. 

Not to harp, but Brian Robinson had zero 100-yard games. Is he "not very good" too?

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Brian Robinson wasn't running behind the best OL in football

I 100% agree with that, but that is still skirting the question. If you are basing his abilities on his 100-yard performances than Swift has two more than Robinson. 

I definitely think Swift is better than Gibson, so I would see this as an upgrade.

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

5th in rushing yards in the entire NFL, with a 4.6 YPC? I don’t know that you can call that “not very good.”

Receiving numbers were a little down last year (poor QB play, no doubt…), but he’s also 4th in the NFL in receiving yards among RBs since he entered the league in 2020 — behind only Ekeler, Kamara, and McCaffrey, who are arguably 3 of the greatest pass-catching backs in history.

I think you’re probably underrating him here. You’re dead right that he’s never proven he can stay healthy, so that part I’m with you on, but he’s a pretty damn effective player when he’s good to go. I’m not pressed about getting him — as you know I pretty much never will be about RBs. But with all these high-end backs hitting the market, he actually seems like a guy who will slot in below them at a pretty good bargain.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I 100% agree with that, but that is still skirting the question. If you are basing his abilities on his 100-yard performances than Swift has two more than Robinson. 

I definitely think Swift is better than Gibson, so I would see this as an upgrade.

Not trying to skirt the question. I just don't know what Brian Robinson is? Scott Turner rarely used him and EB hated running the ball. I mean, we had a game where he was averaging 8 YPC with Turner and then Scott just didn't give him the ball anymore. EB did the same thing. He averages 4 YPC but we just never give him the ball. He had 7 games with 10 or less carries. The most carries he got all season was 19 against Arizona. If given a normal workload he would've easily surpassed 1K yards both seasons so honestly I think he's probably better than Swift. That probably puts me in the minority here but I think with a coordinator who actually uses him Robinson is pretty damn good. And he can catch. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not trying to skirt the question. I just don't know what Brian Robinson is? Scott Turner rarely used him and EB hated running the ball. I mean, we had a game where he was averaging 8 YPC with Turner and then Scott just didn't give him the ball anymore. EB did the same thing. He averages 4 YPC but we just never give him the ball. He had 7 games with 10 or less carries. The most carries he got all season was 19 against Arizona. If given a normal workload he would've easily surpassed 1K yards both seasons so honestly I think he's probably better than Swift. That probably puts me in the minority here but I think with a coordinator who actually uses him Robinson is pretty damn good. And he can catch. 

I agree and if we're running the RPO with Daniels -- DaYam !

• Like 1