Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Not trying to skirt the question. I just don't know what Brian Robinson is? Scott Turner rarely used him and EB hated running the ball. I mean, we had a game where he was averaging 8 YPC with Turner and then Scott just didn't give him the ball anymore. EB did the same thing. He averages 4 YPC but we just never give him the ball. He had 7 games with 10 or less carries. The most carries he got all season was 19 against Arizona. If given a normal workload he would've easily surpassed 1K yards both seasons so honestly I think he's probably better than Swift. That probably puts me in the minority here but I think with a coordinator who actually uses him Robinson is pretty damn good. And he can catch. 

I agree and I think that is pretty much what I was getting at. You can't truly base off how good or bad a player is by the stat sheet. Philadelphia never truly committed to the run, a good example is their short playoff stint, and watching Swift run and play indicates, to me at least, that he is a difference maker. Pairing him with Robinson is almost best case scenario because it maximizes what both do well. Robinson can handle early downs and short yardage and Swift can simultaneously be on the field and play more of a "Darren Sproles" type Jack-of-all-trades role.

I don't think signing Swift to a 3 year contract means we see less of Robinson or that Swift moves ahead of him in the depth chart, but more signals we will be a running back by committee approach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I agree and I think that is pretty much what I was getting at. You can't truly base off how good or bad a player is by the stat sheet. Philadelphia never truly committed to the run, a good example is their short playoff stint, and watching Swift run and play indicates, to me at least, that he is a difference maker. Pairing him with Robinson is almost best case scenario because it maximizes what both do well. Robinson can handle early downs and short yardage and Swift can simultaneously be on the field and play more of a "Darren Sproles" type Jack-of-all-trades role.

I don't think signing Swift to a 3 year contract means we see less of Robinson or that Swift moves ahead of him in the depth chart, but more signals we will be a running back by committee approach.

I really like Chris Rodriques, Jr. Don't want to see him pushed aside . tough young R B ..

Just now, RSkinGM said:

I really like Chris Rodriques, Jr. Don't want to see him pushed aside . tough young R B ..

It may have been our poor OLine, but I thought he was too hesitant or patient last year. I see him the same way I saw Jarret Patterson. Prolific in college but probably a JAG.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

It may have been our poor OLine, but I thought he was too hesitant or patient last year. I see him the same way I saw Jarret Patterson. Prolific in college but probably a JAG.

Much bigger- I thought he was coming on till the sprained ankle put him out at end . He'll get his chance I hope .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport

The #Commanders have informed starting LT Charles Leno that they are releasing him, source said. He is scheduled for hip surgery next week.

This is a smart decision IMO. I have been adamant that the whole line needs to be upgraded. 

This also gives me feeling that a trade down is 2% more likely. 

I knew Thomas would get released but I thought there was a chance Leno stayed. Not the best but serviceable until we find our guy at LT.

something tells me we may trade down. I could see something where we trade to NYG at 6 while picking up their 2 2nds this year and a 1st next year if we decide to bypass QB and go LT route for Alt

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

I knew Thomas would get released but I thought there was a chance Leno stayed. Not the best but serviceable until we find our guy at LT.

something tells me we may trade down. I could see something where we trade to NYG at 6 while picking up their 2 2nds this year and a 1st next year if we decide to bypass QB and go LT route for Alt

There is absolutely no way I would endorse a trade down to the Giants so they can draft one of the top 3 QBs?

Are you kidding me?

I don’t think the releasing of vets has anything to do with draft strategy. I 100% believe we’re taking the QB we like the best at #2 while in round 2 we’ll take the best two players available in positions we need.

13 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Man that would be extremely hard to accept

Adam Schefter

Commanders informed center Nick Gates, who signed a three-year deal with the team one year ago, they they will release him at the start of the new league year in mid-March, per source. Gates still is due $1.99 million guaranteed for the coming season.

• Like 1