Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hunter, Queen, T. Smith and Johnson would be a dream off-season for a team devoid of talent. Draft a rookie QB, two OGs or an OC/OG combo, a TE, a LB and we are much better than last season.

The 3 guards and 2 centers are really strong positional free agents even though the draft has its own good players at those positions. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

Ian Rapoport 

Sources: The #Texans have agreed to terms on a deal to keep TE Dalton Schultz in Houston. He gets a 3-year, $36M new contract with $23.5M fully guaranteed at signing. Schultz is a key weapon for CJ Stroud.

The deal was done by TE guru and agent @SteveCaric of @Wass_Football.

Our FA TE pool just got smaller. 

I also think we have seen the last of Kendall Fuller. Appreciate him for his time here. Wish he had better coordinators to maximize his effectiveness. Really impressive that he achieved what he did in spite of all that. 

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

Sources: The #Texans have agreed to terms on a deal to keep TE Dalton Schultz in Houston. He gets a 3-year, $36M new contract with $23.5M fully guaranteed at signing. Schultz is a key weapon for CJ Stroud.

The deal was done by TE guru and agent @SteveCaric of @Wass_Football.

Our FA TE pool just got smaller. 

For me at this point, we gotta swing on one of them, hope that Cole Turner takes a step forward or draft Sanders/Sinnott.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

For me at this point, we gotta swing on one of them, hope that Cole Turner takes a step forward or draft Sanders/Sinnott.

I'm so glad we sat out of the TE market last year. Made a ton of sense...

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don't understand letting Kam Curl walk

I hope we don't. You and I been in agreement, he should have been resigned last offseason. The price is undoubtedly higher now and we officially have competition for his services.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I'm so glad we sat out of the TE market last year. Made a ton of sense...

If only we had capable people last year. "What harm could have been done giving Rivera and Co the year"...

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

If only we had capable people last year. "What harm could have been done giving Rivera and Co the year"...

My favorite was getting into an argument last off-season with KyleSmith4GM on Hogs Haven about the TE position and then he wrote an "article" about how our TE group was solid. I had to pull away from that place. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

My favorite was getting into an argument last off-season with KyleSmith4GM on Hogs Haven about the TE position and then he wrote an "article" about how our TE group was solid. I had to pull away from that place. 

Unfortunately you or I don't call the shots. We most likely end up with a band-aid at TE and I guess I'm ok with that as long as premium positions like LT, LG, C, RT, LDE, RDE, MLB, CB and SS get addressed. 

As an observer, I'm actually kinda excited to see what Peters and Co can do to rehab this poor roster. 

On a side-note, now that Baker Mayfield has escaped the tag, how does everyone feel about him as a potential target. He had a pretty good year last year. He is the best FA QB other than Kirk Cousins. Having a vet, Sam Howell and a rookie QB would be pretty nice, IMO.

Speaking of Cousins, I know there are some that still hold ill-will, but I wouldn't be opposed to a reunion there as well.

1 or 2 year deals would give the rookie a year to sit and learn before taking the reins.

I would like to see us go after Devin White or Patrick Queen and then still draft Payton Wilson or Trotter jr. If possible. Linebacker play and depth has killed us the last couple of years.

Would also like to see us make a play for Owenwu and Whitehead.

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

On a side-note, now that Baker Mayfield has escaped the tag, how does everyone feel about him as a potential target. He had a pretty good year last year. He is the best FA QB other than Kirk Cousins. Having a vet, Sam Howell and a rookie QB would be pretty nice, IMO.

Speaking of Cousins, I know there are some that still hold ill-will, but I wouldn't be opposed to a reunion there as well.

1 or 2 year deals would give the rookie a year to sit and learn before taking the reins.

If they are intending to draft a qb then I see no reason to sign one who is expensive.  We have howell already.  We have 2 qb coaches.  I really don't see the need to sign a high priced vet.  There are tons of cheaper options.