Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Strombergs upside is way higher than that guys 

Our perception of him is, sure. I was high on him coming.

But the dumb regime that drafted him didn't care and the new one doesn't seem to either. So, if they don't see him as a center, then they went out and upgraded the position. That's how I read it. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Strombergs upside is way higher than that guys 

I think this is entirely possible. Stromberg could have come out and knocked the socks off everyone in the league. However we are likely to have a rookie QB under center and having an experienced veteran that can help him make the leap, IMO, is better than what equates to a rookie with potential.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think this is entirely possible. Stromberg could have come out and knocked the socks off everyone in the league. However we are likely to have a rookie QB under center and having an experienced veteran that can help him make the leap, IMO, is better than what equates to a rookie with potential.

It just sucks that we spent a 3rd rounder on a guy that will likely be a flex backup interior Olineman his entire tenure with us. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Stromberg is too small and not strong enough to be a Guard imo. We just signed his replacement, one year into his rookie deal. 

He's 6'4" about 320. sounds guard size to me . Depends on footwork and strength too .

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

He's 6'4" about 320. sounds guard size to me . Depends on footwork and strength too .

Maybe he isn’t good at calling presnap stuff and ends up a great guard for us. What do I know I’m not sophisticated enough to know the nuisance there 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Apparently we have interest in Jourdan Lewis from the Cowboys so yeah, this is a thing. 

I would absolutely hate that signing if true. We need a legitimate #1 CB not another 2-3 guy. 

It just sucks that we spent a 3rd rounder on a guy that will likely be a flex backup interior Olineman his entire tenure with us. 

Honestly, I really agree. It's hard for me to not get too invested in players that we draft, especially after studying film and watching them go through the draft process, but this is the nature of the beast in the NFL. Lots of players who get drafted never see significant live action. I think Stromberg has serious potential and I hope he isn't shelved too.

Maybe he isn’t good at calling presnap stuff and ends up a great guard for us. What do I know I’m not sophisticated enough to know the nuisance there 

don't back off - keep up that nasty fire . Love it 😈

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Apparently we have interest in Jourdan Lewis from the Cowboys so yeah, this is a thing. 

yes, now it's getting stinky. One guy. two guys fine . push it with 3 ! but 4 or more . Real Stinky !

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't disagree with anything you said. Stings here too. Just analyzing the situation for what they did. Biasdsz should be an upgrade over anything we currently had at center last year. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I don't disagree with anything you said. Stings here too. Just analyzing the situation for what they did. Biasdsz should be an upgrade over anything we currently had at center last year. 

I don’t agree with that. In my mind a healthy Stromberg should be a superior player, even this year. Cowboys fans arent even mad this guy is gone.

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

yes, now it's getting stinky. One guy. two guys fine . push it with 3 ! but 4 or more . Real Stinky !

I still want Tyron Smith and Stephon Gilmore, more than I wanted Dorance and Tyler, so I'm not exactly in the same boat. 

Adam Schefter 

Former Giants RB Saquon Barkley reached agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that could be worth up to $46.75M and includes $26M fully guaranteed at signing, per sources.

Barkley now beats the franchise tag number and has a maximum average-per-year salary of $15.833M, which would be second highest for a RB in NFL History.