Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Gotta say, I am thoroughly impressed with the F.O.'s plan for improving the roster. I don't think they are all homeruns, but it shows me that a) they know the roster isn't good enough and b) are actively pursuing improvements. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Gotta say, I am thoroughly impressed with the F.O.'s plan for improving the roster. I don't think they are all homeruns, but it shows me that a) they know the roster isn't good enough and b) are actively pursuing improvements. 

This might be more free agents than Rivera signed the entire time he was here lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

If Curl wasn't on the blocks, I would like the Chinn signing more.

However, I really don't like these one year deals.  This is not building long term.  He is a nice rental, but what's the point if we aren't ready to win big this year?

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If Curl wasn't on the blocks, I would like the Chinn signing more.

However, I really don't like these one year deals.  This is not building long term.  He is a nice rental, but what's the point if we aren't ready to win big this year?

Reclamation projects are actually a really good way to set yourself up long-term, IMO. If the player is successful, you have the first opportunity to offer a LTD, if unable to achieve a LTD you could potentially get a compensation pick if they sign a LTD elsewhere and in the event they are unsuccessful you can move on with little to no long term cap ramifications.

As for Curl, I don't think there is any chance he would have signed for what Chinn took. I also don't think he would consider a 1 year deal. Unfortunately, this was the most likely outcome when a LTD wasn't reached during the season last year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Reclamation projects are actually a really good way to set yourself up long-term, IMO. If the player is successful, you have the first opportunity to offer a LTD, if unable to achieve a LTD you could potentially get a compensation pick if they sign a LTD elsewhere and in the event they are unsuccessful you can move on with little to no long term cap ramifications.

As for Curl, I don't think there is any chance he would have signed for what Chinn took. I also don't think he would consider a 1 year deal. Unfortunately, this was the most likely outcome when a LTD wasn't reached during the season last year.

Agree Curl wouldn't sign for that and there is no way he should for what Chinn took. 

If Chinn is good this year then we are in the same position as we are with Curl next year.  I would have rather sucked it up and pay Curl now.  Same old Washington, let our own walk for shiny new toys.

Just now, offbyone said:

Agree Curl wouldn't sign for that and there is no way he should for what Chinn took. 

If Chinn is good this year then we are in the same position as we are with Curl next year.  I would have rather sucked it up and pay Curl now.  Same old Washington, let our own walk for shiny new toys.

Bro... You are preaching to the choir. I feel the same way about the plan at QB.

I will also say, there is a price that is "too much" for Kam Curl. I don't know if we will ever truly be privy to what we offered (if anything at all), but I am definitely fine with signing Chinn at his price and letting Curl cash in elsewhere. (Hopefully not a division rival)

• Like 1

The other thing to remember @offbyone is that this regime didn't draft Curl. I think next year with Chinn wouldn't exactly be apples to apples for the Curl situation, but it could end the same. At least Chinn chose to come here over the other offers, I can't say that Curl is making the same decision right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Bro... You are preaching to the choir. I feel the same way about the plan at QB.

I will also say, there is a price that is "too much" for Kam Curl. I don't know if we will ever truly be privy to what we offered (if anything at all), but I am definitely fine with signing Chinn at his price and letting Curl cash in elsewhere. (Hopefully not a division rival)

Hear you.  My guess is Curl is holding out and Peters didn't want to wait.  We will see what the contract is.

I am with you on a lot of these others.  Mariota puts a stain on free agency.  And these other signings like Ferrel and Fowler.  Why?  Or why now, do this in a week. 

But if you are going to sign a good player in his prime (Chinn) then keep him for more than a year.  Heck make the second year an option year at a high price like 12M or something, but give ourselves the option for continuity.  This also screams of the Comp Pick game which I despise.  

• Like 2

Mark Tyler (Hogs Haven)

Commanders new-look defense(as of now):

EDGE - Armstrong/Fowler
DT - Allen/Ridgeway
DT - Payne/Mathis
EDGE - Ferrell/Henry
LB - Luvu
LB - Davis
CB - Forbes/Blu Kelly
CB - St. Juste/Holmes
Nickle - Martin
S - Chin
S - Forrest/Butler

• Like 1

Jordan Schultz 

BREAKING: 4x Pro Bowl pass rusher Danielle Hunter plans to sign with the #Texans, sources tell @BleacherReport.

Danielle Hunter has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans, to return home! 2-years, 49m with 48m fully guaranteed. Contract has 51m total max. Deal done by @zekesandhu @KlutchSports

Nice Bag!

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jordan Schultz 

BREAKING: 4x Pro Bowl pass rusher Danielle Hunter plans to sign with the #Texans, sources tell @BleacherReport.

Danielle Hunter has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans, to return home! 2-years, 49m with 48m fully guaranteed. Contract has 51m total max. Deal done by @zekesandhu @KlutchSports

Nice Bag!

Dude learned from Kirk well