2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Justin Fields did more with less talent around him, and has better athletic tools. Don't make me defend Justin freakin Fields.

Sure but this is an irrelevant argument... Pickett has a way more ideal contract situation due to the fact he got drafted a year later. Basically get him two years for dirt cheap. Cannot do that with Fields. Then add onto the fact that we do not know what the price range that CHI is asking for Fields. I just watched three Pickett All-22 games and they are by far the worst coached offensive team in the league. Pickett has some very impressive tools for sure.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The Good: Huff + CJGJ
The Maybe: Saquon
The Bad: Devin White
The Ugly: Matt Barkley 2.0 aka Kenny Pickett. Both were eagle fans. Both have weenie arms.

Just wondering, why do you think Barkley isn’t a good move?? Only reason he wouldn’t be is if he gets hurt. I don’t see any other way why he wouldn’t work here other than that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danger said:

Justin Fields did more with less talent around him, and has better athletic tools. Don't make me defend Justin freakin Fields.

He's thrown 30 ints and fumbled 38 times in his short career.  Sure defend that.  I would also not say either has had significantly more to work with than the other.  

7 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Sure but this is an irrelevant argument... Pickett has a way more ideal contract situation due to the fact he got drafted a year later. Basically get him two years for dirt cheap. Cannot do that with Fields. Then add onto the fact that we do not know what the price range that CHI is asking for Fields. I just watched three Pickett All-22 games and they are by far the worst coached offensive team in the league. Pickett has some very impressive tools for sure.

Yeah that Matt Canada guy is pure trash. Him and Brian Johnson were competing hard for who's the worst 

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

He's thrown 30 ints and fumbled 38 times in his short career.  Sure defend that.  I would also not say either has had significantly more to work with than the other.  

Kenny Pickett has 9 touchdowns in 2 seasons as a starting QB and has shown to be an even worse passer 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Kenny Pickett has 9 touchdowns in 2 seasons as a starting QB and has shown to be an even worse passer 8

Im not a big fan of Pickett but it's hard to put all the blame on just him QB or not. Between a terrible play caller, Johnson being often banged up and Pickens being a diva n quitting.. hard to really do well with everything going against you.

Eagles usually can make something out of nothing with QBs so maybe they can do it again. Hopefully we never get to see that tho. Pre Season only 😂

12 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Just wondering, why do you think Barkley isn’t a good move?? Only reason he wouldn’t be is if he gets hurt. I don’t see any other way why he wouldn’t work here other than that. 

It might be a good move. It might not be.
Saquon has played 16 games twice in his career and is coming off a 3.9 YPC season.
We can make all the excuses for why Saquon was just average for the Giants last year, but it's not like their OL got significantly worse than they were the year before, when he averaged 4.4 ypc. The year before that he averaged 3.7 ypc.  2 of his last 3 seasons have been under 4 ypc. Saquon been in the league for 6 years, and has 3 good seasons. Other RB's have good seasons on bad teams. I just don't think it's as simple as "We have a good OL, he will be great here", and it's hard to trust Saquon being healthy when playoffs come around. I would have preferred drafting a much cheaper option (Corum/Benson/Lloyd/Wright/Brooks if his medicals check out) and putting that Saquon money towards DeVo's extension or trading for a CB.
We won a SB with Blount/Ajayi. Chiefs with Pacheco and Damien Williams. Patriots with James White/Blount/Several mid tier guys. Broncos with Ronnie Hillman/Knowshon. Tampa Brady's with Fournette. Investing big money at RB doesn't seem to be a SB recipe, and I think it will be particularly hard to justify that contract with Jalen Hurts vulturing all the goal line carries.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Kenny Pickett has 9 touchdowns in 2 seasons as a starting QB and has shown to be an even worse passer 

It's more than 9, but noted and it's inaccurate to say he's proven to be a worse passer. Fields and Pickett's passing stats minus the TD's are similar and have had similar QBR's.  The argument to make for Fields is his running ability.

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

It's more than 9, but noted and it's inaccurate to say he's proven to be a worse passer. Fields and Pickett's passing stats minus the TD's are similar and have had similar QBR's.  The argument to make for Fields is his running ability.

Fields also has a cannon. Picket has a rubber band gun. Fields also a year younger.

Edited by Jeezla

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It might be a good move. It might not be.
Saquon has played 16 games twice in his career and is coming off a 3.9 YPC season.
We can make all the excuses for why Saquon was just average for the Giants last year, but it's not like their OL got significantly worse than they were the year before, when he averaged 4.4 ypc

But they did Jeezla. They had the 32nd ranked Run Block win rate in the NFL. Eagles were ranked #1.

That alone will have an impact for Barkley in the run game, with his YPC. Then add the fact absolutely no one on defense when facing the Giants was remotely scared of Daniel Jones throwing to those WR, how could they not stack the box and spy Saquon on defense?

None of that will occur in 2024 with Hurts, AJ, Smitty and Goedert. 

Only Health should be a concern. Which was the same exact concern we've all had the past 2 seasons with Miles Sanders and DeAndre Swift. 

Let's hope wearing Eagle green, running behind this OL, along with these weapons (not the focal point) helps Saquon achieve  that same healthy season as well. 🤞

Him staying healthy is literally my only concern. Not what he can do on the field as a Eagle within this offense. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Then add the fact absolutely no one on defense when facing the Giants was remotely scared of Daniel Jones throwing to those WR

Were defenses afraid of Daniel Jones the year before?

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Were defenses afraid of Daniel Jones the year before?

They were surprised by his 700yds rushing. A new offense! They needed time to adjust, yes.

Besides DJ only played 6 gms last year. The rest was#2 and #3 QB play. You going to sit here and suggest that too had no effect?

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

But they did Jeezla. They had the 32nd ranked Run Block win rate in the NFL. Eagles were ranked #1.

26. New York Giants, 70%
27. Houston Texans, 70%
28. Los Angeles Chargers, 70%
29. Jacksonville Jaguars, 70%
30. New York Jets, 69%
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 69%
32. New England Patriots, 68%

That's them in 2022. Is 26 to 32 a huge dip? They sucked at win rate when he averaged 4.4.