2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:31 AM, CasperX22 said:

If you had to rank him among LT's in the league, where are you ranking him?

I consider him borderline pro bowl level. He has top 5 reps, and very bad ones. He reminds me of Chris Snee with the Giants in that regard, only that he was an all-pro. 

He is not a top 5 LT in pass blocking, run blocking maybe. I'm not saying he is not good, but that he was overrated by our fanbase for a while. 

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I consider him borderline pro bowl level. He has top 5 reps, and very bad ones. He reminds me of Chris Snee with the Giants in that regard, only that he was an all-pro. 

He is not a top 5 LT in pass blocking, run blocking maybe. I'm not saying he is not good, but that he was overrated by our fanbase for a while. 

PFF tends to be pretty good at gauging O-Line play IMO. They had him ranked 3rd amongst all tackles last year. I'd have to see the breakdown between pass/run/impact blocking grades but I don't pay for PFF.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

PFF tends to be pretty good at gauging O-Line play IMO. They had him ranked 3rd amongst all tackles last year. I'd have to see the breakdown between pass/run/impact blocking grades but I don't pay for PFF.

I'm not knowledgeable at all at PFF, I do agree he was better in 2023 than 2022 and 2021.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I'm not knowledgeable at all at PFF, I do agree he was better in 2023 than 2022 and 2021.

He was very good in 2021, we had a bit of a down year in 2022, but was still above average. I think you're taking elite hall of fame level play for granted with Jason Peters and Lane Johnson being mainstays over the last decade, and thus by comparison you think Mailata isn't good. You're alone on that hill man.

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

He was very good in 2021, we had a bit of a down year in 2022, but was still above average. I think you're taking elite hall of fame level play for granted with Jason Peters and Lane Johnson being mainstays over the last decade, and thus by comparison you think Mailata isn't good. You're alone on that hill man.

I do think he is good, but not elite. You see him put a 265 pounds defense end in the ground with one hand in one play and getting his lunch taken inside the next one. 

But what I meant is when Dillard was on the roster it was referred to him as being so good that no one could have taken his spot, when that wasn't the case at all, Dillard was crap and Mailata is not unbeatable.  

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

As we’re doing this mock draft I’m realizing the talent at T in the mid to later part of the draft. I think it’s going to be too tempting for Howie. 

There are actually a lot of really good athletes that are kind of raw available later on.

Tylan Grable - UCF
Frank Crum - Wyoming
Patrick Paul - Houston
Roger Rosengarten - Washington
Garret Greenfield - South Dakota State

Wow, the Athletics newest post FA power rankings has the Eagles at 16 behind

15. Jets

14. Colts

13. Dolphins

12. Bucs

11. Rams

10. Bills

16. Philadelphia Eagles

Post-Super Bowl rank: 15

Notable additions: RB Saquon Barkley, Edge Bryce Huff, S C.J. Gardner-Johnson, WR DeVante Parker, LB Devin White

Notable losses: C Jason Kelce, DT Fletcher Cox, S Kevin Byard, CB Avonte Maddox, RB D’Andre Swift

When the NFL schedule is released in May, get ready for everyone to circle the Eagles’ trip to MetLife Stadium in red. After six years in New York, Barkley jumped ship to a division rival after failing to get a long-term commitment from the Giants. Philly gave Barkley, the No. 2 pick in the 2018 draft, a three-year, $37.75 million deal hoping it would help offset the loss of organizational stalwarts Kelce and Cox, both of whom retired.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

He was 3rd among all tackles overall.  6th in pass blocking and 5th in run blocking.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I do think he is good, but not elite. You see him put a 265 pounds defense end in the ground with one hand in one play and getting his lunch taken inside the next one. 

But what I meant is when Dillard was on the roster it was referred to him as being so good that no one could have taken his spot, when that wasn't the case at all, Dillard was crap and Mailata is not unbeatable.  

I mean sure I'd take Penai Sewell in a heartbeat over Mailata.  Other than that? Tristan Wirfs sure, but that's it as far as I'm concerned.  There are some older guys like Trent Williams that are still great, long term Mailata is an easy choice over those guys.

I will say this though  The one thing that he struggles with is elite speed rushers.  He can be beaten with just pure elite speed and technique, but if he gets his hands on you he's going to 99% of the time erase a guy.  His development curve has been truly remarkable.

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

15. Jets

14. Colts

13. Dolphins

12. Bucs

11. Rams

10. Bills

The Athletic has honestly become kind of a joke.  It's been all downhill since The NY Times bought them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

15. Jets

14. Colts

13. Dolphins

12. Bucs

11. Rams

10. Bills

Who is Josh Kendall and why should I care about his power rankings?

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

The Athletic has honestly become kind of a joke.  It's been all downhill since The NY Times bought them.

Eh I haven't read a lot from them recently, but I've read a decent amount of good in depth articles from them in the past.

The subscription at a deep discounted price is also worth it alone for their NFL and NBA draft guides done by Dane Brugler and Sam Vecenie respectively.

• Like 1