2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

6 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Man just looking at the Eagles depth chart, I don't see any way the Eagles aren't taking an offensive lineman in rd 1.  With Kelce retiring and letting literally every top reserve walk...

Our CB depth chart is way scarier than our OL depth chart, imo.
Slay is the same age as Patrick Peterson and Stephone Gilmore. Both of them took a step back last year. Slay is past due for a decline.
Bradberry sucks.
Rodgers hasn't played football in a year and weighs 170 pounds.
Kelee Ringo's PFF grades are padded from playing against Daniel Jones and Drew Lock, and he doesn't have much agility or hip flip for a pure outside CB. His ceiling is likely a run of the mill #2 CB.
We're likely going to need two new starting outside CB's next year if we don't take one this year.

Meanwhile, on the OL, we really just need a RG (and maybe not even that if Steen has a great offseason).

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Talk about boring. And the guy wouldn't contribute much for 2-3 years

Give me a player that can contribute now

You clearly have forgotten the dysfunctional 💩 show we were forced to witness in 2020 , when the musical chairs on the OL due to injuries to Peters, Brooks, Dillard and Lane basically wasted the entire season. 

I sure as *** haven't! No thanks.

You have no idea when that player will play so stop saying 2-3 years!! Like every Rookie drafted they are literally 1 snap away!

Let Taliese Fuaga somehow make it within striking distance. I'd not only trade up, I'd sprint to the podium. 

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

Nonsense.
There are guys who can play in short order.

Also, I think Opeta was more valuable than Driscoll.
He was a solid guard.
Also, I think the Eagles have plans for Fred Johnson.

In what universe was Opeta more valuable than Driscoll? Like it or not Driscoll was a solid reserve that could fill in at 3 different spots.  

Right now its:

Mailata-Dickerson-Jurgens-Steen-Johnson

Johnson - Hennessey and a bunch of scrubs

Just too much circumstantial evidence to not think the Eagles draft Lanes eventual replacement with the idea of him starting at RG for a couple years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let Taliese Fuaga somehow make it within striking distance

No chance, imo. He's a better prospect than Latham/Mims. Should be the 3rd OT off the board, and I could see some teams preferring him over Fashanu as OT2. 

If we go OL in round 1, it will almost definitely be Latham.

Edited by Jeezla

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No chance, imo. He's a better prospect than Latham/Mims. Should be the 3rd OT off the board, and I could see some teams preferring him over Fashanu as OT2. 

If we go OL in round 1, it will almost definitely be Latham.

Can't say that I would be super disappointed if they stayed put and Latham was the pick, but not overly excited either.  If Fuaga starts to slip though...

I think it's also telling that 5 of the 11 guys tied to the Eagles for top 30 visits so far are offensive lineman.  It's almost a certainly that if that don't take one in the 1st Rd they are taking one day 2.  

Tyler Guyton

Cristian Mohagany

Brandon Coleman

Cooper Beebe

Zak Zinter

Have all been linked so far.  All the names haven't been announced, but Guyton feels like a viable target whether they stay put or trade back a little bit.  With the rest being toolsy guards that could go rounds 3-5.  I fully expect the Eagles to double dip taking a tackle and a guard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Can't say that I would be super disappointed if they stayed put and Latham was the pick, but not overly excited either.  If Fuaga starts to slip though...

I think it's also telling that 5 of the 11 guys tied to the Eagles for top 30 visits so far are offensive lineman.  It's almost a certainly that if that don't take one in the 1st Rd they are taking one day 2.  

Tyler Guyton

Cristian Mohagany

Brandon Coleman

Cooper Beebe

Zak Zinter

Have all been linked so far.  All the names haven't been announced, but Guyton feels like a viable target whether they stay put or trade back a little bit.  With the rest being toolsy guards that could go rounds 3-5.  I fully expect the Eagles to double dip taking a tackle and a guard.

Oh we're definitely taking an OL, no later than round 2, but I don't think taking one in round 1 is a certainty, especially since Guyton is really the only Round 1 OL we've been linked to.

We also had a formal interview with Christian Haynes at the senior bowl. Seems like we're zeroing in on OG's for the most part, and round 2 is the OG sweet spot.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Oh we're definitely taking an OL, no later than round 2, but I don't think taking one in round 1 is a certainty, especially since Guyton is really the only Round 1 OL we've been linked to.

We also had a formal interview with Christian Haynes at the senior bowl. Seems like we're zeroing in on OG's for the most part, and round 2 is the OG sweet spot.

Cooper DeJean is the most interesting player to me at least that we've been linked to.  Feels like a perfect fit if they do go corner.  It would probably take a minor miracle for him to fall far enough to the Eagles though.  Brenden Rice is another interesting visit.

37 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We’ve had a lot of top 30 WR visits. 

In a perfect world, at 22 we get one of the top 4 corners. In the second we get Edgerrin Cooper or Payton Wilson and then a WR

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

In a perfect world, at 22 we get one of the top 4 corners. In the second we get Edgerrin Cooper or Payton Wilson and then a WR

I just don't see any way we don't take an offensive lineman early.  We may be looking at day 3 for a WR.  Going to be curious to see who the rest of the top 30 visits end up being.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I just don't see any way we don't take an offensive lineman early.  We may be looking at day 3 for a WR.  Going to be curious to see who the rest of the top 30 visits end up being.

the value at WR in this draft is in day 1 and day 2. OL is more evenly spread out. You're probably right in that's what we likely will do, but it's not what we should do.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I think DeJean has the best shot of being there at 22. If I had to wager, I'd bet that he is. I don't think Quinyon or Arnold have any shot. Like 0%. Wiggins, I give a 30% chance of being there. If DeJean is there I'd really hope he'd be the pick. He feels can't-miss due to his versatility and projection. Obviously you start him at outside CB initially. But you can't tell me that dude wouldn't be a menace at safety. If Reed can be a solid safety, then DeJean should be a real deal pro bowler.

• Like 1