2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

When we have Stout, I don't see the need to spend a first AND second round pick on a guy who's gonna play guard for 2 years and then MAYBE kick out to tackle in 2 years...

Other teams around the league? That makes a little more sense. 

Stout can cook without a $300 grocery bill.

A big part of the reason Stout has been so successful in Philly is because we trust him to do well with his guys. Look at who we have had up front the last 7-8 years. The only two guys that were low draft picks were Kelce who was drafted well before Stout got to Philly and Mailata who is obviously a huge hit but he wasn't plan A. Sure we have done well with depth guys later in the draft and in UDFA, but our starters have all been highly touted prospects for the most part. The idea that we can just give Stout anyone and he will turn them into a solid player is asking for disaster imo.

I have learned to just trust the Eagles when it comes to the OL. Half this board will throw a tantrum if we trade up for an OL, but if they see a future cornerstone player who can have an impact on our roster year one go for it.

Also the dark truth that no one on this board seems to want to admit: A round one OL is much more likely to have an impact on this team in year one than any CB we take. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I have learned to just trust the Eagles when it comes to the OL. Half this board will throw a tantrum if we trade up for an OL, but if they see a future cornerstone player who can have an impact on our roster year one go for it.

Can they do that for a player that is not on the trenches for a change? 

8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

We don't need a 1st rd WR, so probably not. You drafting LB in the 1st? You drafting any of these Safeties, RB, QB, TE? So by deduction that only leaves CB.

So there's at best a 33% chance you get your wish but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

33 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Drafting an OL in the first is bad enough, trading up for one and I might pull a @Danger and tell someone to F off and catch a ban.

27 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I truly don't care what position they draft as long as they draft a good player(except for DT).

Sometimes you get the best results when you stick to what you know. I would love for them to take a CB in round one, but there is no doubt they have a better eye for talent at OL than most spots.

51 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

A big part of the reason Stout has been so successful in Philly is because we trust him to do well with his guys. Look at who we have had up front the last 7-8 years. The only two guys that were low draft picks were Kelce who was drafted well before Stout got to Philly and Mailata who is obviously a huge hit but he wasn't plan A. Sure we have done well with depth guys later in the draft and in UDFA, but our starters have all been highly touted prospects for the most part. The idea that we can just give Stout anyone and he will turn them into a solid player is asking for disaster imo.

Also the dark truth that no one on this board seems to want to admit: A round one OL is much more likely to have an impact on this team in year one than any CB we take. 

Yeah but we don't need to take guys in round 1, let alone trade up in round 1 for Stout to have success>

Mailata, Dickerson, Jurgens

Former guys like Vaitai, or journeyman like Evan Mathis.

Honestly I feel like the sweet spot for taking O lineman with Stout is day 2.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We don't need a 1st rd WR, so probably not. You drafting LB in the 1st? You drafting any of these Safeties, RB, QB, TE? So by deduction that only leaves CB.

So there's at best a 33% chance you get your wish but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Not just any CB either, but one that could play slot. They arent drafting a CB in the 1st to sit behind Bradberry and Slay on the outside. Obviously they are comfortable with Maddox being a starter, but they need depth behind him...so I dont think they're taking a slot CB round 1 to sit behind or even compete with Maddox. Cooper Dejean is the only one that makes sense because he can play all over the field, but I think he might drop into the 2nd round. Oline or if Verse drops are really the only options I think the Eagles are thinking.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah but we don't need to take guys in round 1, let alone trade up in round 1 for Stout to have success>

Mailata, Dickerson, Jurgens

Former guys like Vaitai, or journeyman like Evan Mathis.

Honestly I feel like the sweet spot for taking O lineman with Stout is day 2.

Let us not ignore the fact the 2/3 of the offensive lineman Howie drafted in first round were absolute garbage. 

Just now, UndyTaker said:

Not just any CB either, but one that could play slot. They arent drafting a CB in the 1st to sit behind Bradberry and Slay on the outside. Obviously they are comfortable with Maddox being a starter, but they need depth behind him...so I dont think they're taking a slot CB round 1 to sit behind or even compete with Maddox. Cooper Dejean is the only one that makes sense because he can play all over the field, but I think he might drop into the 2nd round. Oline or if Verse drops are really the only options I think the Eagles are thinking.

Bradberry can go kick rocks.

And at their age, one of them is bound to get hurt.

I'm a sucker for 1st round EDGE players I've noticed when it comes to drafts.

Quinyon
Arnold
DeJean
Verse
Turner

Or trade down and grab a WR/OLineman

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I truly don't care what position they draft as long as they draft a good player(except for DT).

Sometimes you get the best results when you stick to what you know. I would love for them to take a CB in round one, but there is no doubt they have a better eye for talent at OL than most spots.

While this is true, the success comes after the first round - which is why agree with the above it should be a day 2 pick. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It was a reply to something along the lines of "Ped State fans are happy".

The joke is disgusting, classless, unnecessary and tiresome. What transpired was terrible, but this ain't the place to bring that up in defense of the university or to take shots at it out of the blue.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Let us not ignore the fact the 2/3 of the offensive lineman Howie drafted in first round were absolute garbage. 

Exactly my point. After Dillard, I'm just like.. why are we gonna give up top tier assets when we're just as likely to find good players later on. For every Lane Johnson you'll have an Andre Dillard.