2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

17 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I don’t think they’ll hire Kliff

well, I know they might but I’m choosing to pretend they’re going to hire a cool OC and hand him the keys

Yeah I don't think Kliff is going to be the guy.  I think he's headed to Vegas.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

CJGJ was very underappreciated in this site, because his INTs weren't "high quality".

Give me fluky 6 ints. over 3 good ones any day of the week. 

That is just... not true lol. Pretty sure the overwhelming majority of the forum wanted CJ back very bad. We just got a bit sick of his antics after turning down our offer and taking a one year deal elsewhere.

Since we are sticking with the Fangio defense and playing a lot of 2 high safeties, we absolutely have to add some good LBs to the roster. LB play was unacceptable for any defense but especially when we are consistently bringing a safety into the box. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there are any stud LBs in free agency. Queen and White are looking to get paid and I don't want either on a large contract and doubt the Eagles are trying to pay them either. I believe Josey Jewell would make sense, I know he's not an elite LB but he's solid and has played under Fangio. Sign Jewell and draft Edgerrin Cooper if he's there in tje 2nd or third and that's at least a start. 

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

CJGJ was very underappreciated in this site, because his INTs weren't "high quality".

Give me fluky 6 ints. over 3 good ones any day of the week. 

Fluke ints are still mostly being in the right place 

7 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Since we are sticking with the Fangio defense and playing a lot of 2 high safeties, we absolutely have to add some good LBs to the roster. LB play was unacceptable for any defense but especially when we are consistently bringing a safety into the box. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there are any stud LBs in free agency. Queen and White are looking to get paid and I don't want either on a large contract and doubt the Eagles are trying to pay them either. I believe Josey Jewell would make sense, I know he's not an elite LB but he's solid and has played under Fangio. Sign Jewell and draft Edgerrin Cooper if he's there in tje 2nd or third and that's at least a start. 

Even if they drafted a LBer in the first 2 rounds (which they wont) he would hardly get on the field. They hardly play rookies unless they have Carter or Smith's pedigree. They will need to get who they need in FA or trade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I mean they should absolutely go after Queen if they can make the financials work.  Jewell could be a nice fit, if David would be willing to leave Tampa he should absolutely be a priority.  Cashman, Tranquil, and Burks could be some cheaper potential options.  Either way, they need to invest heavily at LB, grab at least 1 safety to push Blankenship and Brown, cut Bradberry, and add a CB to compete with Ringo to start opposite Slay if not 2 to replace both Bradberry and Slay.

• Like 2

I honestly think they are going to run it back with Bradberry and Cunningham as starters. They might sign a LBer like Jewel and draft a safety or CB in the 2nd, but for the most part I think they run it back with what they had. Howie just tripled down on his philosophies by what he said in that PC, which was my biggest fear for the team moving forward. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I honestly think they are going to run it back with Bradberry and Cunningham as starters. They might sign a LBer like Jewel and draft a safety or CB in the 2nd, but for the most part I think they run it back with what they had. Howie just tripled down on his philosophies by what he said in that PC, which was my biggest fear for the team moving forward. 

One of the hard things they are going to have to navigate is figuring out how to move on from Bradberry.  The structure of his deal makes it nearly impossible to just cut him outright this year, but I don't know how you can justify bringing him back.  Everyone has eyes.  He's toast.  You almost have to take the hit for the betterment of the team.

31 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

That is just... not true lol. Pretty sure the overwhelming majority of the forum wanted CJ back very bad. We just got a bit sick of his antics after turning down our offer and taking a one year deal elsewhere.

I meant in season. Offseason yes everyone wanted him back. But if this offseason is about correcting past mistakes maybe he is back like Fangio.

I remember one comment about how when Blankeship intercepted Rodgers it was like "that is a high quality int... unlike CJGJ's" and again when he intercepted Mayfield on MNF.

13 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean they should absolutely go after Queen if they can make the financials work.  Jewell could be a nice fit, if David would be willing to leave Tampa he should absolutely be a priority.  Cashman, Tranquil, and Burks could be some cheaper potential options.  Either way, they need to invest heavily at LB, grab at least 1 safety to push Blankenship and Brown, cut Bradberry, and add a CB to compete with Ringo to start opposite Slay if not 2 to replace both Bradberry and Slay.

TBH, I haven't seen that much game play from Queen. I just know some people thought he was disappointing before Roquan arrived in Baltimore. If he's legit and they can get a fair deal done, I obviously wouldn't mind it. I just don't know if the Eagles will go that direction. 

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

TBH, I haven't seen that much game play from Queen. I just know some people thought he was disappointing before Roquan arrived in Baltimore. If he's legit and they can get a fair deal done, I obviously wouldn't mind it. I just don't know if the Eagles will go that direction. 

That reeks of another "Byron Maxwell situation" to me. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

That reeks of another "Byron Maxwell situation" to me. 

Yeah, that's kind of my concern.  Everyone wants us to sign a stud LB via free agency but there has to be actual stud LBs in free agency to sign. There really aren't that many on general let alone players that make it to free agency.