2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Why would Verse be gross? Just curious 

only big flag I have for him is age

Just not in love with his overall profile. Feel like we could do a lot more with the pick not only in selection but with trades. Think you can find guys like him later on or basically every year.

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Best thing I could say about Mims is we probably don’t have to move up to get him, compared to the other Tackles. But yeah wouldn’t love the pick.

There’s nothing good to be said about Mims as the Eagles selection - we absolutely do not need to spend our first round pick on a reserve offensive lineman, or any offense lineman. 

Verse would be fine though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

There’s nothing good to be said about Mims as the Eagles selection - we absolutely do not need to spend our first round pick on a reserve offensive lineman, or any offense lineman. 

Verse would be fine though. 

I can get a tiny bit if they are a guy playing RG for a couple years…but to take Mims and have him sit is just not great.

If they do take one also makes me question why the hell they took Steen right outside the second round last year. 

OL is only below positions that make zero sense (QB, RB, LB in this draft) for positions I’d be annoyed they took round one. Guy like Mims just multiplies that annoyance by not playing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just not in love with his overall profile. Feel like we could do a lot more with the pick not only in selection but with trades. Think you can find guys like him later on or basically every year.

Fair if you don’t love his profile 

Would disagree you can find guys like him late. That kind of power while being a sub 4.6 dude isn’t just out there a ton. He’s not a no notes guy for me, but he’s a first round talent.

Good length, has some pass rush plan already and is coming in at a plus point on strength.

One thing about Verse that bodes well for him is the fact he would have been a 1st round pick in the 2023 draft had he left school. In a stacked edge rusher class that last year was. He has always been one of the top DE prospects for 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You're not finding guys with that profile later in the draft.  You can't teach that kind of power at the point of attack or fluidity transferring speed to power.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Fair if you don’t love his profile 

Would disagree you can find guys like him late. That kind of power while being a sub 4.6 dude isn’t just out there a ton. He’s not a no notes guy for me, but he’s a first round talent.

Good length, has some pass rush plan already and is coming in at a plus point on strength.

Later in the draft I meant as soon as the 2nd round. Maybe not in this class but in stronger EDGE classes I think you'd find a guy or two who are power rushers and not as well rounded hence them dropping out of the first round.

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Weaknesses

• Lacks ideal size and length that teams covet.
  • Unable to anchor deep when drive blockers get into him.
  • Below-average footwork and wrap-up leads to missed tackles.
  • Offensive tackles stall his rush plan with a firm punch.
  • Has moments where rush wears down against size.

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

WEAKNESSES: Still crafting his pass-rush sequencing … average bender and too often finds himself past the pocket … can get washed and late to leverage redirects … physical finisher, but he needs to be more controlled breaking down in the pocket and misses too many tackles because of his aggressive style … can play on his feet but lacks the sudden fluidity to consistently disrupt passing lanes when dropping … missed one game as a junior with a left knee injury (September 2022) … will turn 24 as an NFL rookie … disappointing production as a senior.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Yall need a live discord chat where everyone can join and talk about how much we hate whoever we picked

I've made them in the past, usually like 4-5 people will show up.

• Like 1