2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I want Justin Simmons for a few reasons:

There is a reason he’s still a FA. I’d take him on a 1 year deal, but he’s gonna probably have to come down on his price for Howie to pull the trigger.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

There is a reason he’s still a FA. I’d take him on a 1 year deal, but he’s gonna probably have to come down on his price for Howie to pull the trigger.

Oh ya I mean I was assuming he would come in on a relatively cheap one year deal. I want no part of anything past a one year stop gap deal. Just a guy to help fill a hole.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Oh ya I mean I was assuming he would come in on a relatively cheap one year deal. I want no part of anything past a one year stop gap deal. Just a guy to help fill a hole.

He would be a great fit as a mature vet to put next to Chauncey. I have no doubts about that. He's just been kinda banged up a bit these past couple years and his play isn't at that same level it was a few years ago. If he is willing to come in for a 1 year deal with a lot of incentives, then I'd definitely be on board with him joining. I wonder if he's just gonna wait a while to see if some team loses a starting safety and gets more desperate. 

Edit:

Just searched through Allbright's tweets for Simmons talk and he said this like a month ago.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He would be a great fit as a mature vet to put next to Chauncey. I have no doubts about that. He's just been kinda banged up a bit these past couple years and his play isn't at that same level it was a few years ago. If he is willing to come in for a 1 year deal with a lot of incentives, then I'd definitely be on board with him joining. I wonder if he's just gonna wait a while to see if some team loses a starting safety and gets more desperate. 

Edit:

Just searched through Allbright's tweets for Simmons talk and he said this like a month ago.

I tend to not believe this stuff. I don't believe Allbright much in general, but we are coming up on May. If he had a bunch of good offers from multiple teams he would have signed by now. He might have multiple buyers, but I'd imagine the money coming in isn't what he wants at this point. Maybe one team bends and gives him multiple years, but I think that is a longshot at this point. 

But you never know so we will see

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I tend to not believe this stuff. I don't believe Allbright much in general, but we are coming up on May. If he had a bunch of good offers from multiple teams he would have signed by now. He might have multiple buyers, but I'd imagine the money coming in isn't what he wants at this point. Maybe one team bends and gives him multiple years, but I think that is a longshot at this point. 

But you never know so we will see

Didn't think about the possibility he doesn't want a 1 year deal, but that and guaranteed money could be the big hang ups for him.

Not sure this late into the process you're gonna find that 2-3 year deal, especially being an older player that was banged up last year.

His best bet is probably getting a 1 year deal this summer and then if he's playing well and being a leader in the locker room then maybe said team gives him a 1 year extension during the year or 2 years with like little to no guaranteed money on the 2nd year of the extension.

It'll probably be a signing we hear happens like mid to late summer before camp is gonna get started.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I'm not sure we even need Simmons at this point.  I imagine we go heavy at corner.  Guys like Maddox, DeJean and a couple others have experience at safety.  It would definitely need to be a cheap 1 year deal.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 2:45 PM, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not sure we'd bring them in but there's a lot of talent still there

Odell 

Boyd - Would be my choice if I could pick a WR. Campbell & Parker could be something but I rather gamble on the sure

Justin Simmons

Dalton Risner OG

Calais Campbell Vet DL

and some others

I want another TE and Logan Thomas. We did just get Uzomah before the draft but I dunno

Boyd would be a homerun imo. It's nice since he'd be coming from a place where he was 3rd fiddle. Let him and Ainias compete, give Paris some reps. But I would realistically  try to let Ainas take as many reps as possible after Boyd. After last year, I want to let these guys get as many reps as possible. Risner I'd be all over. Yannick would probably be my #1 as of now though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I'm really not even into Simmons. Never really was either. Ever since signing CGJ that ship kinda sailed for me. Feels like he'd create a logjam there.

I don't see how bringing in an upgrade on Reed is creating a log jam. The only way this makes sense is if you are hard focused on DeJean being a Safety. I am not convinced that is the case.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't see how bringing in an upgrade on Reed is creating a log jam. The only way this makes sense is if you are hard focused on DeJean being a Safety. I am not convinced that is the case.

It's the creating of a logjam for Sydney is what bothers me. You bring Simmons in and Syd is what the cemented 4th safety? Especially coming off of rehab. CGJ, Simmons, Reed, possibly DeJean and then Syd. I think there's enough there I really do. Wouldnt be justified because of the stunting of Syd and Reed.

28 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Legitimate question, is Simmons even an upgrade on Reed at this point? He's clearly lost a step and we could be walking into another Byard situation.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It's the creating of a logjam for Sydney is what bothers me. You bring Simmons in and Syd is what the cemented 4th safety? Especially coming off of rehab. CGJ, Simmons, Reed, possibly DeJean and then Syd. I think there's enough there I really do. Wouldnt be justified because of the stunting of Syd and Reed.

Sydney is coming off a major injury. Why rush him back? DeJean imo should be playing corner.

32 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Legitimate question, is Simmons even an upgrade on Reed at this point? He's clearly lost a step and we could be walking into another Byard situation.

He is ya. Maybe not a lot better, but we have 0 depth at Safety anyways while Sydney probably starts on PUP. Our depth at safety right now is.... not good.

It all depends on DeJean. If he is playing Safety the point is moot.