2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

20 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Hopefully that deal is incentive laden.  I would not guarantee this guy a roster spot.

I’d bet it is. Devin White’s deal was reported as 7.5 mil but 4 mil of it was incentives. Probably similar here. 

Go back to opening day 2023. The only Eagles defensive back in the regular rotation who was 26 or younger was Blankenship. In 2024, that number could go up to six - Mitchell, DeJean, Gardner-Johnson, Rodgers, Kelee Ringo and Eli Ricks. Seven once Sydney Brown is healthy

Say what you will but our ST should be drastically better in 2024. While Covey was a pleasant surprise adding DeJean, Smith and Shipley to the mix the numbers game getting to 53, might not go in Covey's favor?

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Say what you will but our ST should be drastically better in 2024. While Covey was a pleasant surprise adding DeJean, Smith and Shipley to the mix the numbers game getting to 53, might not go in Covey's favor?

Drastically better? They were top 5 by nearly all metrics a year ago.  It is noteworthy that they have invested significant resources in their special teams units in both FA and the draft just as the new kickoff rules go into effect.

52 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Drastically better? They were top 5 by nearly all metrics a year ago.  It is noteworthy that they have invested significant resources in their special teams units in both FA and the draft just as the new kickoff rules go into effect.

Last year we had 2 PR. Covey and Smitty (No). Who were the KR? I Honestly don't remember? 

With the new KR rules similar in some ways to a PR now ,we added 3 players with numerous PR/KR TD's to their resume in college.

As good as Covey was last season , he has Legit Competition in 2024! So Yes Drastically better.

"Former first-round pick WR John Ross will participate in the Eagles’ rookie camp this week on a tryout basis.

(Via Mike Garafolo)"

Is this real or fake news? Kicking tires? Speed, speed, speed, speed! Theme of the offseason. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Last year we had 2 PR. Covey and Smitty (No). Who were the KR? I Honestly don't remember? 

With the new KR rules similar in some ways to a PR now ,we added 3 players with numerous PR/KR TD's to their resume in college.

As good as Covey was last season , he has Legit Competition in 2024! So Yes Drastically better.

Boston Scott was the primary kick returner.  Covey was also 2nd in the NFL in PR avg and probably would have been #1 if he were like most pr guys that call for a fair catch every time someone gets close to him.  He turned a lot of fair catch situations into positive yardage.  It doesn't get much better than what Covey was able to do.  I think he's still on the roster come cut downs.

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The love the Christian Kirk comp. That's seems pretty close

I still can't put my finger on Shipley but I love me some Aaron Jones and if he ends up being that I'll def take it

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

The love the Christian Kirk comp. That's seems pretty close

I still can't put my finger on Shipley but I love me some Aaron Jones and if he ends up being that I'll def take it

Shipley comes off as a B version of Gainwell tbh. Id be surprised if we got anything out of him.

• Like 1