2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

That would be a massive overpay by Vegas.  It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense when they could just trade back from 13 into the 20's and take Penix

How is it a massive overpay? Sure take out 148 or whatever

getting back only 77 and 112 with next years first would be awful return.

Maybe the Raiders want a quality tackle and Penix? 

Back in 2008

#19: Philadelphia → Carolina (D). Philadelphia traded its first-round selection to Carolina for Carolina's second- and fourth-round selections in 2008 (No. 43 and 109), and Carolina's first-round pick in 2009.

19 for 43, 109, and a 2009 1st round pick.

It's pretty damn comparable.

8 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

That would be a massive overpay by Vegas.  It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense when they could just trade back from 13 into the 20's and take Penix

A more realistic offer would be:

For

44+77+2025 2nd

Or

For

44+77+112+2025 3rd

Or

For

2025 1st+77+112

Pretty sure the entire point of them trading up would be they need to outbid/jump other teams. I don't think the Eagles are ever moving out of the first round just for a "market value" trade back. Raiders would be competing with other teams(likely the Vikings or Broncos or some other QB needy team) which would in turn drive the price up.

Teams overpaying to move up for a QB is a staple of the NFL Draft. Would they do it? I have no idea, but the Eagles aren't trading out of the first for just some mediocre return. If there is one thing Howie is great at in the Draft it is finding solid trade value on trade backs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

There is evidence to suggest that.

I just feel like Howie has developed a practice of not waiting around for guys he wants. Feels very proactive in his approach. So I feel a trade up is damn near a certainty. It's almost as if, if a player falls, he deems them unworthy of the selection.

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

How is it a massive overpay? Sure take out 148 or whatever

getting back only 77 and 112 with next years first would be awful return.

Maybe the Raiders want a quality tackle and Penix? 

Yeah they have a ton of needs and are in a spot to get a top 8 player because of all the WRs and QBs going in the top 10

Makes a lot of sense for them to do that

Feel like this is a great year to trade back and get more picks or future picks. Honestly unless they cut Bradberry or think Steen isnt ready, then no matter who they draft wont be a starter anyways. This draft could be a great opportunity to solidify the depth of this team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Back in 2008

#19: Philadelphia → Carolina (D). Philadelphia traded its first-round selection to Carolina for Carolina's second- and fourth-round selections in 2008 (No. 43 and 109), and Carolina's first-round pick in 2009.

19 for 43, 109, and a 2009 1st round pick.

It's pretty damn comparable.

You can't use a 16 year old trade as an example.  The values of changed significantly in the past decade.  We are overvaluing pick 22 if we think we're getting a top 45 pick and a potential top 10 pick next year 😂 

54 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

uajcz4P.jpeg

TJ would go earlier than that but lots of Eaglesy dudes, some visits

Cosell really likes Tampa a lot. Feels like a guy who's really flown under the radar throughout the draft cycle. He's a guy if we don't grab a corner day 1 that I'd love to land. Probably my favorite of the day 2 CB prospects. Feels like the most surefire outside CB. A lot of the other guys have size concerns it seems. 

I know he's taken a year off (not for injury) which I believe is important. 🤷‍♂️

Isiah Rodgers in 2022, per PFF 

** 5th best overall cornerback

** 6th best cornerback in coverage

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

They also took Daniel Jones at 6. His receiving core at Washington was leagues better than the one he'd have in New York. This would be the most Giants thing they could possibly do. But likely a smokescreen try to act like they don't want to move up.

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

This would be the most Giants thing they could possibly do

The most Giants thing they could do is pretend Daniel Jones is good. I think taking Penix at 6 is a good move. Sooner you move on from DJ the better, and Penix has nice tools if your medical staff gives a thumbs up. I don't think Caleb or Drake would have done any better against Michigan. If your medical staff says no worries, then he's a good QB prospect that the Giants may not improve on in the next 2 seasons/draft classes. If he does suck, then Giants take a swing at Arch Manning or something. It costs less to move on from pick #6 then we paid to move on from Wentz. Keep taking swings at it. And keep pushing down non-QB prospects 1 spot closer to the Eagles. When they find their QB, they can trade for a WR like we did. They could probably get Higgins for their 2025 1st right now.

Edited by Jeezla