2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean the same player who was the Eagles 2023 Starting RG and 2024 Starting Center for the foreseeable future? That player?

Not the hill to die on there Ninja.

Yes the good player that wasted away on the bench for a year.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

Trading up for an O-Line who's not gonna be a factor for at least 2 years is also crazy lol

I sincerely doubt they are trading up for an OL without the idea that they are going to play him at guard. Sure you can say, “but Steen!!!”. Reality is we have no idea what he is. RG right now is a huge question mark. I don’t want them to trade up for an OL either, but this preconceived notion that if the Eagles draft an OL round one it is automatically a bad pick is irrational. I only care about them drafting good players first and foremost. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm all for letting a day 2 or 3 player sit for a year. A first round pick NEEDS to come in and contribute year 1, especially when you're in a win now mode.

I don't think an O-Lineman does that for us. Steen likely is the best player we have at RG for 2024.

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I can't wait until we draft Mitchell, Arnold or DeJean and they get toasted in a game and the

See I told you he's a GD Bust! We should of taken....... instead comments undoubtedly come. Fun times!

Don't get this. Then it would be better to have a 1st rounder not playing instead? Or what are you getting at.

I wholeheartedly agree that OT is a need, but it doesn't need to be a 1st rounder at this point. You didn't answer my question last time. Are we not allowed to draft said OT after the 1st round or in another year?

A second or third rounder at the very least will buy us time, he'll have time to develop too without spending such high resources. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I sincerely doubt they are trading up for an OL without the idea that they are going to play him at guard. Sure you can say, “but Steen!!!”. Reality is we have no idea what he is. RG right now is a huge question mark. I don’t want them to trade up for an OL either, but this preconceived notion that if the Eagles draft an OL round one it is automatically a bad pick is irrational. I only care about them drafting good players first and foremost. 

Drafting good players is always good. I'd rather have good players that are going to contribute immediately when our Super Bowl window is now. 

If we draft an ol round 1, we know what Steen is- a waste of a pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Don't get this. Then it would be better to have a 1st rounder not playing instead? Or what are you getting at.

I wholeheartedly agree that OT is a need, but it doesn't need to be a 1st rounder at this point. You didn't answer my question last time. Are we not allowed to draft said OT after the 1st round or in another year?

A second or third rounder at the very least will buy us time, he'll have time to develop too without spending such high resources. 

This is the actually god damn truth here.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

Drafting good players is always good. I'd rather have good players that are going to contribute immediately when our Super Bowl window is now. 

You type this like a round one OL wouldn't immediately be penciled in as the starter week one.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm all for letting a day 2 or 3 player sit for a year. A first round pick NEEDS to come in and contribute year 1, especially when you're in a win now mode.

I don't think an O-Lineman does that for us. Steen likely is the best player we have at RG for 2024.

The eagles should draft an iOL and OT this week but the need is depth to replace opeta and driscoll not a lane replacement 

You type this like a round one OL wouldn't immediately be penciled in as the starter week one.

Moving Fuaga or Mims or Fautanu to Guard, playing out of position as a rookie, you really think they're going to out perform Steen in the short term? I don't. Y'all really don't seem to realize how big that first year of experience in the NFL is for players and how much of a difference it makes. Would whatever player be better in 2025? Yeah probably.

Tyler Guyton and adarius Mims two of the more realistic lane replacements this draft would never play next season 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Maybe. Maybe not. He might just not be ready. He might also be a waste of a pick. I don't think the current draft says anything conclusive about him regardless.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

The eagles should draft an iOL and OT this week but the need is depth to replace opeta and driscoll not a lane replacement 

I'm all for drafting an O-Lineman at 53, and again at either 121 or 160whatever the number is.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think he deserves a chance at least, the only reason he didn't start last year is the same as why Jurgens didn't play. Neither of them had played guard before, well that and that Seumalo was damn good in 2022. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Because the HOF Center was doing his best Brett Farve impersonation? 

When you tell the Organization I am not sure how much longer I will play after the 2021 season, You have to draft his replacement. They did with Jason's approval. 

Is it Howies fault Jason wanted to continue to play 2 more years after that at a All Pro level? Had we won the SB , Kelce would have retired!! No Doubt whatsoever!