2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Moving Fuaga or Mims or Fautanu to Guard, playing out of position as a rookie, you really think they're going to out perform Steen in the short term? I don't. Y'all really don't seem to realize how big that first year of experience in the NFL is for players and how much of a difference it makes. Would whatever player be better in 2025? Yeah probably.

I think if the Eagles made that move they would be somewhat confident that would be the case yes lol. Unlike us the Eagles have a really good idea of where Steen is at because they see him in practice everyday. If they are compelled to actually move up the draft board I think it will have considered Steen vs the rookie at guard before doing so.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Maybe. Maybe not. He might just not be ready. He might also be a waste of a pick. I don't think the current draft says anything conclusive about him regardless.

If he's not ready after a year with stout, he ain't gonna be ready. We learned this lesson with Dillard.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because the HOF Center was doing his best Brett Farve impersonation? 

When you tell the Organization I am not sure how much longer I will play after the 2021 season, You have to draft his replacement. They did with Jason's approval. 

Is it Howies fault Jason wanted to continue to play 2 more years after that at a All Pro level? Had we won the SB , Kelce would have retired!! No Doubt whatsoever!

As far as anyone's aware, Lane said he's playing 2 or 3 more seasons. Is it possible he's lied about that? Perhaps, but that's a conspiracy theory to suggest that right now and acting based off the information we know to be fact, the decision to use our best asset on his replacement right now isn't the wisest decision.

When your window is open, you be aggressive. When it's closed you stand pat, accrue premium assets.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

If he's not ready after a year with stout, he ain't gonna be ready. 

I don't like dealing in platitudes or speaking on things I have no information about. I will just wait and see before making a judgement on player I have barely seen play.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Moving Fuaga or Mims or Fautanu to Guard, playing out of position as a rookie, you really think they're going to out perform Steen in the short term? I don't. Y'all really don't seem to realize how big that first year of experience in the NFL is for players and how much of a difference it makes. Would whatever player be better in 2025? Yeah probably.

If only you believed this you might actually apply it to Nolan Smith? Kelee Ringo?

I would've loved to have taken Dawand Jones where we took Tyler Steen last year. He'd have been a fantastic potential replacement for Lane and it's not a premium asset. I had a late first round grade on him, to get him in the 3rd would've been a steal.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

If only you believed this you might actually apply it to Nolan Smith? Kelee Ringo?

Bro... do you read what I post, or just lump me in with everyone else? I'm still one of their biggest supporters here Hello???? how many times have I been standing up for Nolan this off season.

They gave steen the starting RG locker. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be good enough to start but it means they think he is as of now.

The more I think about it the more I think if they go tackle they’ll go mims. If you’re drafting lanes replacement, are you drafting a 23 year old to play guard until lane retires, or are you taking the 21 year old project to learn 2 years and then replace him and be only 23

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

As far as anyone's aware, Lane said he's playing 2 or 3 more seasons. Is it possible he's lied about that? Perhaps, but that's a conspiracy theory to suggest that right now and acting based off the information we know to be fact,

I've already explained earlier why saying 2-3 years shuts up reporters and fans from constant daily, weekly questioning about his future. 

He does not want to go through what Jason Kelce did the past 3 seasons.

I 100% believe he has informed Stout, Sirianni and Howie of his real intentions. 

If a 1st RD OT is taken, you have the real answer! If not maybe we get lucky and Lane plays at a All Pro Level until he's 36. 👌

Just now, Last Stand said:

They gave steen the starting RG locker. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be good enough to start but it means they think he is as of now.

The more I think about it the more I think if they go tackle they’ll go mims. If you’re drafting lanes replacement, are you drafting a 23 year old to play guard until lane retires, or are you taking the 21 year old project to learn 2 years and then replace him and be only 23

Hopefully neither

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Bro... do you read what I post, or just lump me in with everyone else? I'm still one of their biggest supporters here Hello???? how many times have I been standing up for Nolan this off season.

Apologies Danger, I did lump you in with the other 95% of the forum. Hard to remember these days who is where. 

Apologies 🥃

• Like 1