2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully neither

I mean sure

but mims would likely be the lesser of 2 evils.

at least he wouldn’t be 25 having played a different position for 2 years when lane retires.

Seumalo was drafted to replace Kelce but Kelce never retired and he got so used to playing guard.

i question if we draft a tackle to play guard if 2 years from now they just won’t be a guard. 

it’s not common for players to be drafted, play a position for the first 2 years of their career and then move them to a more high stakes position

if we’re going to do it I can live with the athletic freak project sitting behind lane who will be only 23 when it’s time to play more than the position change ordeal which I’m very skeptical about as I hear more people talk about it

We were arguably the worst team in the NFL over the final 7 weeks. Not a team that can afford to take guys for a year or two down the road. We need impact for 2024, not 2025. We had the best OL in the NFL, and we still sucked. Time to see improving the defense helps us be less sucky than making sure every spot on the OL is a pro bowler. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I mean sure

but mims would likely be the lesser of 2 evils.

at least he wouldn’t be 25 having played a different position for 2 years when lane retires.

Seumalo was drafted to replace Kelce but Kelce never retired and he got so used to playing guard.

i question if we draft a tackle to play guard if 2 years from now they just won’t be a guard. 

it’s not common for players to be drafted, play a position for the first 2 years of their career and then move them to a more high stakes position

if we’re going to do it I can live with the athletic freak project sitting behind lane who will be only 23 when it’s time to play more than the position change ordeal which I’m very skeptical about as I hear more people talk about it

I don't care about the lesser evil. I want the greater good. Aka defense. 

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Again not saying I would love us taking an OL and I personally would not want us to trade up for one.... but just trying to add a little perspective that isn't just OL = bad.

This is exactly how I feel

trading up for one to me  is a no go though. I know howie would disagree with this but I believe if you draft a tackle and move him to guard you’ve drafted a guard. I think on some level you’d have to approach it that way.

i just don’t buy someone’s first 2 seasons in the nfl learning a position would be a sure bet transitioning to another more high stakes position in year 3 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

I can already see how nasty it will be in here if we draft OL

interested in how people will react if the name is verse or Murphy 

but at this point from even a fanbase level I hope they take a corner lol

Murphy? Pretty bummed if we took him over the actual DT1. Verse will make me happy. 

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

This is exactly how I feel

trading up for one to me  is a no go though. I know howie would disagree with this but I believe if you draft a tackle and move him to guard you’ve drafted a guard. I think on some level you’d have to approach it that way.

i just don’t buy someone’s first 2 seasons in the nfl learning a position would be a sure bet transitioning to another more high stakes position in year 3 

And yet this is exactly what they are doing with Cam Jurgens lol.

They can cross train them while they start at Guard. If Lane went down they could move out to RT and Steen could step in at Guard. Just don't really agree with this notion.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Murphy? Pretty bummed if we took him over the actual DT1. Verse will make me happy. 

I feel this is even a minority opinion

The fanbase in general seems pretty hell bent on corner

i just want some defensive players that actually make it to a second contract. It’d be nice to have conversations about defense the way we do about devonta, Dickerson, Mailata

wondering how we’ll resign Carter and the other guys we bring in

Who would be the worst, likely 1st pick?
My vote is Tyler Guyton.
Let the Cowboys have him.

Also, on the Steen topic, his paltry PFF grade was like 53.
However, Kelce had a meager 62 his rookie season.
I'll give him another year to develop before making a hard judgement.
Some guys take a year.
Kelce went to 88 his next full season.

I know PFF grades are the be all to end all, but they do represent some analysis.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

And yet this is exactly what they are doing with Cam Jurgens lol.

They can cross train them while they start at Guard. If Lane went down they could move out to RT and Steen could step in at Guard. Just don't really agree with this notion.

Cam jurgens played backup center his rookie season. Sure he cross trained. But he wasn’t a starter. He trained mostly at that position. A starting guard won’t be training mostly at tackle

theyd be very different situations

Guys, we're taking a WR with our 1st pick.  We will then move AJ Brown to CB and solve all of our issues.  Steen is really just the placeholder til Kelce comes out of retirement in week 10 and Jurgens moves back to guard.  What you all don't understand is that Howie is playing 12-D chess and we are all just pawns in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Last Stand said:

I feel this is even a minority opinion

The fanbase in general seems pretty hell bent on corner

i just want some defensive players that actually make it to a second contract. It’d be nice to have conversations about defense the way we do about devonta, Dickerson, Mailata

wondering how we’ll resign Carter and the other guys we bring in

Carter should be easy to re-sign in 3 years.  Cap is gonna go up 75 mill between now and then. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Who would be the worst, likely 1st pick?
My vote is Tyler Guyton.
Let the Cowboys have him.

Also, on the Steen topic, his paltry PFF grade was like 53.
However, Kelce had a meager 62 his rookie season.
I'll give him another year to develop before making a hard judgement.
Some guys take a year.
Kelce went to 88 his next full season.

I know PFF grades are the be all to end all, but they do represent some analysis.

I'm not high on Guyton personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Carter should be easy to re-sign in 3 years.  Cap is gonna go up 75 mill between now and then. 

And Howie will have his next contract done in void years through the 2032 season, guaranteed.