2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Just now, UndyTaker said:

I think DeJean is one of the few players on the defensive side of the ball that we could draft that could actually see a significant amount of playing time his 1st year just becaue of his versatility.

Terrion Arnold would start outside or in the slot easily.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Newton or Byron Murphy in the first wouldn't surprise me if we stay at 22. 

Second round dt options aren't great though.

Brandon Fiske / Mason Smith wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

So Fletcher Cox retired and thus far the Eagles have only signed PJ Mustipher, who is only depth at best at DT. I've said it before, I will not be surprised if Eagles select a DT with one of the first 3 picks. It seems that people don't want to acknowledge that the Eagles could very likely see that as a place they want to improve.  Right now, the have Carter, Davis, Williams, Ojomo and Mustipher. Knowing how the Eagles operate, I wouldn't be surprised if that is an area that they really desire to improve. It appears they will go CB in the first but on day 2 I could see an interior DL being selected. Although, they really haven't brought them in for top 30 visits so maybe they don't view it as being as big of a need.

I think DT is unlikely. They want to lean on the young guys this year and see who they have and the second round DTs aren’t great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

So Fletcher Cox retired and thus far the Eagles have only signed PJ Mustipher, who is only depth at best at DT. I've said it before, I will not be surprised if Eagles select a DT with one of the first 3 picks. It seems that people don't want to acknowledge that the Eagles could very likely see that as a place they want to improve.  Right now, the have Carter, Davis, Williams, Ojomo and Mustipher. Knowing how the Eagles operate, I wouldn't be surprised if that is an area that they really desire to improve. It appears they will go CB in the first but on day 2 I could see an interior DL being selected. Although, they really haven't brought them in for top 30 visits so maybe they don't view it as being as big of a need.

Noah Elliss, too.
6' 4", 346

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

Some solid options round 1 and 2, I agree it’s a sneaky pick to see them just say screw it and go Murphy / Newton or more likely Hall / Jenkins round 2. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think DT is unlikely. They want to lean on the young guys this year and see who they have and the second round DTs aren’t great. 

I agree that the day 2 DTs are overall appear to be underwhelming but there might be a few guys that they like and value somewhere on day 2. I can't say I think it's unlikely that they go that route, personally. 

9 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I agree that the day 2 DTs are overall appear to be underwhelming but there might be a few guys that they like and value somewhere on day 2. I can't say I think it's unlikely that they go that route, personally. 

Man if they go OL in the first and DT in the second this forum will burn lmfao.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

DJ's final mock has us trading for..... Taliese Fuaga. This forum will absolutely break if that happens 🤣

Fwiw he had JC Latham going FIFTH to the Chargers so I am not sure what to think of this. DJ is typically super tuned into the teams and I personally value his opinion very highly, but Latham at 5 is pretty wild.

The OL prospect I figured they’d like

Senior bowl, versatile, great power. Things he needs Stout and Co can teach him. Starts day 1 at RG and moves over in a couple years when his footwork / flexibility is brought up to speed.

I get it, it’s the safe Howie move. It’s what they do. I’d just be happy it’s not gonna be a guy that we don’t see for years like some of those other OTs.

At this point I’m resigned to it being an OT until we hear Roger say something else tomorrow.

Surprised to see Latham that high too, he does Chargers preseason stuff so I’m sure he’s plugged in there. Don’t think the Alt / Fashanu / Fuaga / Latham group has much gaps in between them so guess it’s not insane. Wonder if the versatility was the reason or he wanted to get the right player for the chargers but didn’t put in the Vikings trade in. Him going at 11 is fine for a lot of people.

Tonight can't come soon enough.  I might explode if I get another AJ Brown article pop up in my suggestions 😂 

Imagine the vitrol if the Eagles traded AJ to take a WR.  Almost nothing can be taken at face value today.

16 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Which is why I think trading up and losing draft picks to take a guy who is just going to sit behind someone anyways, is not worth it. We know who our starters are on this team already, but we could use better depth at S, Edge, OT and G, RB, WR. Ironically I think CB is where we have most depth, we just dont know JUST how good they will be. Collect more picks for the future and more depth for this year.

Oh we know how good they will be and it's just not very good... Thankfully we have a very competent DC this year who hopefully has them disciplined in the secondary. I officially predict a trade up for CB or OL. I personally think we should stay at 22 and hope Wiggins drops to us. Especially if Nix and Pennix get selected in top 15