2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Ringo, going off camp reports, might be the leader for it right now.

I don't trust anything in regards to CB's during the offseason.
Patrick Robinson was terrible/cuttable in the offseason/preseason, then became our best CB during the SBLII run.
Then you get guys who get glowing reviews during camp, but are crap during the season.
When it comes to DB's, all bets are off until the games mean something.
Not to mention that a trio of Hurts, Pickett, and McKee (All learning a new scheme) probably isn't the best barometer for a CB. Most CB's should look good against this group, especially until the QB's absorb the playbook, and McKee is the only one who can throw the ball farther than 50 air yards, so our DB's probably know to just sit on the intermediate and short stuff without being too worried about being burned deep.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

The smart money is on Carter.  We only really saw a glimpse of what he can be in the 1st half.  He could ascent to being among the best at his position this year.

Steen is the one we need to make the leap.  Things get a lot easier if he's at least above avg as a starter.

Ringo is the dark horse.  

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't trust anything in regards to CB's during the offseason.
Patrick Robinson was terrible/cuttable in the offseason/preseason, then became our best CB during the SBLII run.
Then you get guys who get glowing reviews during camp, but are crap during the season.
When it comes to DB's, all bets are off until the games mean something.
Not to mention that a trio of Hurts, Pickett, and McKee (All learning a new scheme) probably isn't the best barometer for a CB. Most CB's should look good against this group, especially until the QB's absorb the playbook, and McKee is the only one who can throw the ball farther than 50 air yards, so our DB's probably know to just sit on the intermediate and short stuff without being too worried about being burned deep.

It’s a fair brake tap

Showed some in the garbage fire time of last season, but yeah it’s not saying that much in may and early June. 

It’s still weird to be oddly positive about back 7 battles and developmental players. Like they are gonna cut guys that we’d have had as our 3rd or 4th guy for years.

My Hot Takes - 
Bradberry Cut/Traded at cut down time

Corners going into the season - Slay / Ringo / Rodgers / Mitchell / Dejean / Ricks / Maddox ( Only because of Safety Versatility)

We keep 7 WRs - Brown / Smith / Smith / Wilson / Campbell / Ross / Covey (J. Ngata to PS)

Nolan Smith becomes our top Pass Rusher

Devin White / Nakobe Dean / Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Become a rotational Trio that makes us forget about LB being an issue

Slay gets traded at Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

If you're gonna do it, now's the time to do it. He either breaks out this year, or he continues playing at his same level. No issues with this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danger said:

If you're gonna do it, now's the time to do it. He either breaks out this year, or he continues playing at his same level. No issues with this.

Good in theory.
They could be far apart, though.
The Eagles may be negotiating from a "what you've done" perspective.
Milton's side may be including his expanded opportunity minus Cox.

Why are they unsure it will get done?
Just askin'.

Probably unsure because if im Milton then im betting on myself. Knowing hes going into a season where hes going to get the most snaps hes ever had regardless of the health of Carter or Davis. Also hes only missed 1 game his entire career so far. Milton has a chance to significantly boost his value this season.

7 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Seems like some recent rankings that are coming out have the Eagles lower than I expected. Kind of took me by surprise. Felt like most of the off-season everyone was high on the Eagles and everything they were doing.

I see plenty of folks out them in the 8-12 range, which is totally reasonable at the point in time IMO.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I see plenty of folks out them in the 8-12 range, which is totally reasonable at the point in time IMO.

After seeing some different roster/power rankings have them like top 2-5 over the past couple months, and now recently seeing and listening to some of these others rankings having them considerably lower is an interesting contrast. Some guy from the athletic had us as his 6th best offensive supporting cast (WR, RB, TE, OL) in the NFC just the other day.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Some guy from the athletic had us as his 6th best offensive supporting cast (WR, RB, TE, OL) in the NFC just the other day.

That's kind of more shocking to me.

Who'd he have above us? Our O-Line should have left us considerably higher TBH.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

That's kind of more shocking to me.

Who'd he have above us? Our O-Line should have left us considerably higher TBH.

I believe it was the 9ers, Rams, Lions, Falcons and Seahawks off the top of my head

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I believe it was the 9ers, Rams, Lions, Falcons and Seahawks off the top of my head

Falcons, Seahawks and Rams? Sounds like theyre not weighing the O-Line very much.