2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

In otherwords,  makes no sense to trade him.

Dead cap numbers are misleading.

Trading him before the draft saves $1.5m this year and $15m next year.

Trading him post June 1 saves $16m against the cap this year.

Still no worth trading for less than a 2nd

The eagles so desperately need to get faster defensively that if trading reddick can land a good LB or safety I’m all for it. The eagles were by far the slowest team defensively last year. 

cunningham, morrow, Leonard (lol), byard, Blankenship, Bradberry, roby

these guys were all a step slow

That’s why Sydney brown automatically looked better when he played. He moved like an nfl player

Watching the niners and chiefs close. Or even on the smaller level the packers and ravens. They just had real athletes and could close gaps really fast.

thats the biggest thing about fangio is the faster and longer guys he has the quicker those gaps close and the tougher the QBs job is. 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Reddick now saying he never asked for a trade, but understands its a business. Confusing. Definitely would rather have him than not though. Hopefully this means he's staying.

He never did. The reports were the eagles gave him permission to seek one. That means the eagles are telling him to go gauge his worth

its a win win for the eagles. They either get some great 1st or 2nd rounder, or player at a more needed position or reddick sees his value and both sides can come to a compromise on the money

this is the smart thing to do with late 20s guys. Never negotiate against yourself 

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Reddick now saying he never asked for a trade, but understands its a business. Confusing. Definitely would rather have him than not though. Hopefully this means he's staying.

It’s just negotiation tactics. Eagles leak they are willing to trade him to force him to negotiate with other teams to see his value. Reddick’s camp leaks they want to stay in Philly to try and drive up fan interest in keeping him to see if they can get Howie to budge on price. 

I personally will be very surprised if we extend him still unless it is a team friendly deal, but we will see. I do think he is most likely going to be here this year regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

He never did. The reports were the eagles gave him permission to seek one. That means the eagles are telling him to go gauge his worth

its a win win for the eagles. They either get some great 1st or 2nd rounder, or player at a more needed position or reddick sees his value and both sides can come to a compromise on the money

this is the smart thing to do with late 20s guys. Never negotiate against yourself 

Yup exactly. Felt like some were taking the whole thing out of context, like it was some foregone conclusion.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s just negotiation tactics. Eagles leak they are willing to trade him to force him to negotiate with other teams to see his value. Reddick’s camp leaks they want to stay in Philly to try and drive up fan interest in keeping him to see if they can get Howie to budge on price. 

I personally will be very surprised if we extend him still unless it is a team friendly deal, but we will see. I do think he is most likely going to be here this year regardless. 

I think most ideal is he is here 1 more year and we find his replacement or promote Nolan within the next two seasons.

On 2/12/2024 at 12:47 AM, ninjapirate said:

Least I would take is a 3rd as long as it was 75 or higher. If its back end 3rd throw in a 2025 4th.

I was thinking a 3 and a 2025 3 with about the same 'top 75' caveat on the first 3.

Damn close.

Maybe a conditional 2025 3/4 to split the difference.

14 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I was thinking a 3 and a 2025 3 with about the same 'top 75' caveat on the first 3.

Damn close.

Maybe a conditional 2025 3/4 to split the difference.

I could see us trading him straight up for Xavien Howard, or packaging him up for Jaylon Johnson or Surtain II or Jaycee Horn or Lattimore or Jaire or Terrell.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I could see us trading him straight up for Xavien Howard, or packaging him up for Jaylon Johnson or Surtain II or Jaycee Horn or Lattimore or Jaire or Terrell.

I agree with this. There’s gonna be a good young player teams are ready to move on from. 

This is a howie trading for a 24-25 year old stud year 100%. I’d be shocked if someone at some position isn’t traded for in that age range/talent level

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I agree with this. There’s gonna be a good young player teams are ready to move on from. 

This is a howie trading for a 24-25 year old stud year 100%. I’d be shocked if someone at some position isn’t traded for in that age range/talent level

Any team who would trade for Reddick is going to be a contending team or a team who thinks they are. They're not going to trade for Reddick while also giving up a young and very talented player because they dont want to pay them but somehow are willing to pay Reddick at 30 years old. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Any team who would trade for Reddick is going to be a contending team or a team who thinks they are. They're not going to trade for Reddick while also giving up a young and very talented player because they dont want to pay them but somehow are willing to pay Reddick at 30 years old. 

Didn’t AJ brown just get traded to us? By a team who was prospectively in the playoff hunt?

There’s disgruntled players across the nfl