2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

16 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think we sign Jaylon Johnson tbh. Eagles were in on trying to trade for him, he’s young, he fits the fangio prototype. I’d guess they sign him, cut then resign byard, and maybe do a smaller move at LB in the Kyzir white range

I think we trade for him. No chance bears don't tag him. 

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

I think we sign Jaylon Johnson tbh. Eagles were in on trying to trade for him, he’s young, he fits the fangio prototype. I’d guess they sign him, cut then resign byard, and maybe do a smaller move at LB in the Kyzir white range

I'd be excited about acquiring him no doubt. But the one amazing season surrounded by 3 average ones gives me some pause for sure. Also I feel like the top rated corner in FA like never pans out. Not saying he can't but idk, I just have some reservations about it.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be excited about acquiring him no doubt. But the one amazing season surrounded by 3 average ones gives me some pause for sure. Also I feel like the top rated corner in FA like never pans out. Not saying he can't but idk, I just have some reservations about it.

Idk enough about him other than general stuff. I agree with free agent corners. Great corners don’t get let go. I think if the bears tag him as jeezla said above I believe that’d be a good sign and the eagles should trade for him. If they let him walk that’s probably not the best. 

I’m not sure what I think the eagles should do this year. I’ve said before I want an increase in athleticism, but other than that I don’t have specifics. Honestly something I’d like to see happen but never would is there’s been a lot of talk about how the chiefs playing young guys has allowed them to retool more efficiently 

to me I don’t understand why stop gaps are our thing. Why is morrow playing over Ellis and van summeren. Last year was the perfect year to do that. Only resign young guys, and play guys like ringo and Sydney brown to start the season. Coming off a superbowl I just don’t see how stop gaps and bandaids are the answer. 

I’d like to see young guys play more. Imagine how different we’d all feel coming into this offseason if brown started day one instead of Justin Evan’s lol. Or ringo instead of Bradberry, Ellis, van summeren. Maybe they suck but there’s a chance they get better. Guys like morrow, Cunningham, Evan’s those guys are who they are and their only direction to go is down

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Idk enough about him other than general stuff. I agree with free agent corners. Great corners don’t get let go. I think if the bears tag him as jeezla said above I believe that’d be a good sign and the eagles should trade for him. If they let him walk that’s probably not the best. 

I’m not sure what I think the eagles should do this year. I’ve said before I want an increase in athleticism, but other than that I don’t have specifics. Honestly something I’d like to see happen but never would is there’s been a lot of talk about how the chiefs playing young guys has allowed them to retool more efficiently 

to me I don’t understand why stop gaps are our thing. Why is morrow playing over Ellis and van summeren. Last year was the perfect year to do that. Only resign young guys, and play guys like ringo and Sydney brown to start the season. Coming off a superbowl I just don’t see how stop gaps and bandaids are the answer. 

I’d like to see young guys play more. Imagine how different we’d all feel coming into this offseason if brown started day one instead of Justin Evan’s lol. Or ringo instead of Bradberry, Ellis, van summeren. Maybe they suck but there’s a chance they get better. Guys like morrow, Cunningham, Evan’s those guys are who they are and their only direction to go is down

I don't think the Eagles wanted to pay the "startup cost", if you will, of the young guys starting. They definitely viewed themselves as super bowl contenders and didn't want young guys out there blowing coverages and assignments left and right. Which is why they went with veterans who have played and started games in this league. Crappy vets, but vets nonetheless. Sydney Brown is the one I think they really messed up on, considering the trash that they had out there in front of him. Ringo at least they could say for a while was behind 2 quality corners as well as him being raw, etc.

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't think the Eagles wanted to pay the "startup cost", if you will, of the young guys starting. They definitely viewed themselves as super bowl contenders and didn't want young guys out there blowing coverages and assignments left and right. Which is why they went with veterans who have played and started games in this league. Crappy vets, but vets nonetheless. Sydney Brown is the one I think they really messed up on, considering the trash that they had out there in front of him. Ringo at least they could say for a while was behind 2 quality corners as well as him being raw, etc.

My thing is street vets typically have a similar startup cost as higher draft picks

hell the chiefs beat us in the Super Bowl with a young defense because of coaching and they had the few blue chip players 

it’s one thing to play youth for the sake of it, but when the cupboard is bare I feel youth is smarter than washed cast offs. there’s chance for improvement. Washed vets only depreciate. 

for example I’m not advocating playing Nolan smith over reddick. But I am advocating getting him in the rotation immediately. Or Sydney brown. I’m only advocating him starting over Justin Evan’s lol. 

You have guys on rookie deals for 4 years. 5 if they’re a first rounder

i genuinely think it’s strange contract management to sit them behind castaways. Play vet min guy with no knees, can’t play, step slow, or play rookie salary  guy who’s fresh with some pop in their legs.

And hell I’m only really even talking about rounds 1-3, maybe 4th if the guy really shows something. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Who do y'all want as QB2 for 2024? I like Tanner McKee but I don't think it's time for him this season.

Darnold seems like a reasonable choice IMO, but I know everyone will have their own ideas. 

Id honestly be fine just sticking with McKee if hes taking another step in year 2. I think we overpaid for a guy like Mariota to be the veteran backup and Darnold will probably be even more expensive to bring in. They could use those resources elsewhere and save the money by just going with McKee. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Who do y'all want as QB2 for 2024? I like Tanner McKee but I don't think it's time for him this season.

Darnold seems like a reasonable choice IMO, but I know everyone will have their own ideas. 

That's a loaded question.
No matter who you pick someone is going to hate it.

I'd take one of the T's, all for different reasons.
Tannehill, Trubisky, Taylor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

That's a loaded question.
No matter who you pick someone is going to hate it.

I'd take one of the T's, all for different reasons.
Tannehill, Trubisky, Taylor

Tyrod or Trubisky would be my top 2 choices as well. I think Tanny is going to look to start somewhere so I don’t think that’s realistic. 

10 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Tyrod or Trubisky would be my top 2 choices as well. I think Tanny is going to look to start somewhere so I don’t think that’s realistic. 

He may.
But, he could also find himself in that in between situation.

If I were looking for a starter I'd probably opt for Russell Wilson over him.
Wilson is going to get close to $40M from Denver to watch.
He doesn't need the most money.

Fields could also be moved and there are five QB's likely to be drafted with the intent of being starters or being groomed to start, some of them behind existing veterans.

Tannehill may opt for a cushy #2 at this point.  I mean, he may have to do so.

On 2/19/2024 at 11:06 AM, Danger said:

I'd prefer they don't spend money on a QB2 for a change.  It's honestly going to depend on where the Eagles think McKee's development is at right now.  Either way whether they sign or draft someone we all know the Eagles are likely to carry 3.  

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I want no part of Trubisky.  When you get benched for Mason Rudolph, your career is over.  Unless we are carrying him on the practice squad...no.