2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Say what you want about Howies approach but replacing 3 potential HOF on the fly while keeping the Eagles OL intact as one of the top 5 best units in the NFL, has worked. Is important. Actually impressive. 

2017 SB Starters

Viatai (Peters IR)

Wisnewski 

Kelce

Brooks

Lane

2024 projected Starters

Mailata 

Dickerson

Jurgens

Steen? ... Rookie?

Lane

Oh we had the best OL in the NFL last year, no doubt. And we lost 6 of our last 7, and have rarely had a good/great defense. Having a great OL is nice, having a great defense would be nicer. I'll take the 11th best OL if it means I can finally get a top 5 D.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Im hopeful that we can do better, but this has Howie signing written all over it

Wouldn't be mad if we signed him. I'd throw him in that same bucket with Cashman, Tranquill etc. He's 27 which is nice and he's had a few solid to good years based on PFF grade. But sure, wouldn't be my first choice.

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm good on all these old past-their-prime safeties. Get me a young up and comer or an in-their-prime safety. There's enough of them.

I am a fan of taking a good tackling corner and converting him to safety.

I think that's the course for Mekhi Garner.

2 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I am a fan of taking a good tackling corner and converting him to safety.

I think that's the course for Mekhi Garner.

100% open to that if he's shown he can't play corner at a requisite NFL level.

3 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Im hopeful that we can do better, but this has Howie signing written all over it

He’s 27 and still a pretty good player. Im Not sure what would make this a bad move 

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Oh we had the best OL in the NFL last year, no doubt. And we lost 6 of our last 7, and have rarely had a good/great defense. Having a great OL is nice, having a great defense would be nicer. I'll take the 11th best OL if it means I can finally get a top 5 D.

I agree. Losing 6 starters from the previous years top 3 Defense that made the SB, absolutely had an effect. 🍺

Pretty sure our first two picks in last years draft in the 1st rd, were Defensive? What's your point?

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He’s 27 and still a pretty good player. Im Not sure what would make this a bad move 

Like I said I kinda put him in that general bucket with Cashman and Tranquill and those guys. Although I will say, I hope we don't just try to sign a bunch of dudes who have played for Fangio before. I'd be happy with bringing him in.