2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

I wouldn’t be mad at Hunter. The player himself is worth a big contract. I just worry about age of course. But he’s better than Reddick imo. I just know he’s also only 1 year younger. He’ll be 30 in October. 

but again everything for me is what they do with reddick. If they get a 2nd I’m pretty convinced they make some big trade.

I would rank them like this, age aside, as EDGES:

Josh Allen. I freaking love him, but he's not actually attainable, imo. Jags will trade a Jalen Ramsey if he's an Ahole to the front office and coaches, but Josh Allen ain't going full Ramsey.

Danielle Hunter
Brian Burns

Reddick

Sweat 

I like Hunter a little more than Burns, both vs the run and pass. Considerably more than Reddick. And Sweat is just your average 6-8 sacks a year DE, with most of those sacks coming against total bum OT's filling in for an injured starter.

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm all for trading either of them if the price point is met.

2nd for Reddick
3rd for Sweat

anything less and I'll pass.

Would be a solid haul. Use that 3rd from Sweat and our comp 3rd to move up in the 1st. Take Jared Verse.

Three 2nds to find a decent CB, OL, and slot WR. Coincidentally the three positions where this draft has the most quality depth.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

If Joey bosas really on the market, he’s someone that I’d like to look into

he fits what we’re doing 

Underperform and be hurt? Is that our scheme? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I would rank them like this, age aside, as EDGES:

Josh Allen. I freaking love him, but he's not actually attainable, imo. Jags will trade a Jalen Ramsey if he's an Ahole to the front office and coaches, but Josh Allen ain't going full Ramsey.

Danielle Hunter
Brian Burns

Reddick

Sweat 

I like Hunter a little more than Burns, both vs the run and pass. Considerably more than Reddick. And Sweat is just your average 6-8 sacks a year DE, with most of those sacks coming against total bum OT's filling in for an injured starter.

I’m all for trading for burns if the price is a 1st and 2nd if the eagles get a 3rd 2nd from a reddick trade which they’d have to do anyways since they wouldn’t pay 2 edges a combined 50+ million a year. 

im also for signing huff or a higher priced hunter and using a 1st, 3 2nds and 2 3rds to draft a bunch of young guys to fill out a defense or have more mobility around the 1st and 2nd rounds

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Underperform and be hurt? Is that our scheme? 

He only underperformed in the Brandon Staley era. Also I’d assume he could be had for an easier haul

my thought was him as a bargain not someone a major asset is used for

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I hope the numbers don't make me grimace. Happy to have him in the locker room, but he should be our 4th edge at best. Or the assistant DE coach.

Seriously. What is BG in a Fangio defense? Is he a OLB? Or would he be playing more of a 3-4 DE role?    Carter-Davis-BG?

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Seriously. What is BG in a Fangio defense? Is he a OLB? Or would he be playing more of a 3-4 DE role?    Carter-Davis-BG?

I feel like the whole 3-4 thing is being overblown, no? Like isn't basically every front hybrid nowadays? I think ppl are thinking too far Billy Davis strict 3-4 when this defense is more like 5 man fronts, as well as essentially 4 man fronts with 3 down DL and an EDGE, making it a 4 man. Like I don't know how many strict 3 man fronts we'll be rolling out there.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel like the whole 3-4 thing is being overblown, no? Like isn't basically every front hybrid nowadays? I think ppl are thinking too far Billy Davis strict 3-4 when this defense is more like 5 man fronts, as well as essentially 4 man fronts with 3 down DL and an EDGE, making it a 4 man. Like I don't know how many strict 3 man fronts we'll be rolling out there.

Not to mention BG is going to be the 4th/5th edge so he may just be interior pass rush on passing downs with a 4 man line or something

hes going to be mostly situational and I think the contract will reflect that