2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Now you're just being silly.  You would trade 1 for sure ring for a small chance at 2? The Eagles won a SB in large part because of Graham and Graham has had the better career.  Let it go.

No, I'm saying we don't know what would have happened. You can't guarantee we'd be better or worse with Graham vs Earl.

Earl Thomas's career poops on B Grahams as far as accolades. You are being the silly billy.

Edited by Jeezla

Hell all this talk has me excited.

Jeezla just curious? If in his 2nd season with more playing time will you be happy if Nolan Smith only has 7.5 sacks this season? Maybe eclipse 10 sacks in 2025, his 3rd year? You know, being a 1st rd pick and all?

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hell all this talk has me excited.

Jeezla just curious? If in his 2nd season with more playing time will you be happy if Nolan Smith only has 7.5 sacks this season? Maybe eclipse 10 sacks in 2025? You know, being a 1st rd pick and all?

I'll be surprised if Nolan Smith gets 5 sacks, so yes, 7.5 would blow my expectations away. I would need to see how he gets those sacks tho. Was he just unblocked with a free rush on 4 of them? Did he get them against an OT? Which OT? Was it a backup OT? I need eyeball test. If he gets 7.5 sacks the hard way against average or better OT's, I would be very happy with his developmental jump, and expect even better things to come in year 3.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'll be surprised if Nolan Smith gets 5 sacks, so yes, 7.5 would blow my expectations away. I would need to see how he gets those sacks tho. Was he just unblocked with a free rush on 4 of them? Did he get them against an OT? Which OT? Was it a backup OT? I need eyeball test.

I'm assuming you've witness each and everyone of JJ's 10 sacks in his past 2 seasons combined? None were as you just described?

You wouldn't of been calling Johnson a bust as a rotational 4th DE his rookie season (22') with 2.5 sacks sitting behind Reddick, Sweat, BG taking with the 13th overall pick?

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm assuming you've witness each and everyone of JJ's 10 sacks in his past 2 seasons combined? None were as you just described?

You wouldn't of been calling Johnson a bust as a rotational 4th DE his rookie season (22') with 2.5 sacks sitting behind Reddick, Sweat, BG?

Don't be dumb Nabbs, you know I haven't watched all of Johnsons sacks (Who the hell wants to watch Zach Wilson games?). When I do watch him tho, I see a disruptive guy, even when he isn't getting sacks- like prime BG. He's making QB's maneuver around the pocket. When Josh Sweat isn't getting sacks, he's invisible. Jermaine had zero sacks against us, but made Hurts duck dodge and dive and not throw with his feet set. I saw a guy on the verge of breaking out, and I think he takes another step forward as a sack artist this season. That step should result in 10+ sacks.  I don't think he's gonna be Josh Allen, but he'll prob be in that Montez Sweat tier of 10-12 sack guy if he takes the step I think he will.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I'm fine with Eli Ricks if he can become Deion Sanders.
I'm fine with Nakobe Dean if he can become Patrick Willis.
I'm fine with Gainwell if he can become Barry Sanders.

Ngata's role was to set the edge in a league that still ran a lot. I don't think we'll be using Davis to do that.

Ngata is not sanders or Willis. He’s probably not a HOFer he didn’t make a pro bowl until his 4th season. He didn’t become an all pro until his 5th

its fine if you don’t like him. I’d rather hope he turns it around and develops into a stud run defender who can stay on the field.

guys develop at all paces. Maybe Davis doesn’t work out but it’s more fun for me personally as a fan to hope he becomes worth his pick

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Ngata is not sanders or Willis. He’s probably not a HOFer he didn’t make a pro bowl until his 4th season. He didn’t become an all pro until his 5th

its fine if you don’t like him. I’d rather hope he turns it around and develops into a stud run defender who can stay on the field.

guys develop at all paces. Maybe Davis doesn’t work out but it’s more fun for me personally as a fan to hope he becomes worth his pick

I hope he turns it around, but I'm a realist. The reality is he didn't show any ability to rush the passer in college, hasn't shown the ability to do so in the NFL, and his gas tank sucks.
The value of a pure run stuffing NT that needs to come off the field on 3rd down in todays NFL is near the bottom of the totem pole for me, no matter how good they are at it. "Great NT" is not one of the ingredients you need to win a SB in the modern NFL.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

These saquon rumors won't die ill be pleasantly surprised if the eagles sign him

It’s one of those weird signings where I don’t want it to happen (want to draft a guy) but he’s such a big name you can’t help but think about training camp if he was signed

having said that his hamstrings have yet to hold up ever and he has a ton of mileage. I think what’s likely is the eagles have interest but will get outbid

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

It’s one of those weird signings where I don’t want it to happen (want to draft a guy) but he’s such a big name you can’t help but think about training camp if he was signed

having said that his hamstrings have yet to hold up ever and he has a ton of mileage. I think what’s likely is the eagles have interest but will get outbid

Yeah my biggest issue with Barkley is the Giants have rode him hard the past couple years and that was after having some down years from his body breaking down due to usage.  It's not a great use of resources.  I'm hoping all their FA resources go into fixing the defense.