Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

I think when it comes to Pierce it really felt like he was the rebound girl that you love because they aren’t your toxic ex. It’s like dating your hoodie, comfortable safe and familiar. Add to it that pierce was a Raider fan who grew up in La and drove a 64  it made lots of fans cream their pants over it. It’s like JMD was establishment and Pierce was that rebel who had success, of course Raider fans loved that because they saw themselves in it. The problem I have is the binary thinking that if they hired anyone other than him it would have been a failure. People thought that way about Bisaccia that if they hired him over JMD they would be contending for a Super Bowl. They wouldn’t.  And that should be the goal to win a Super Bowl. He feels good now, but what’s he going to do about the QB position and the offense? Because KC isn’t going to be handing him 2 tds next season. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Who in here is supporting pierce over his gear? That’s hella weak bp

all I hear people say is

-better than jmd

-not afraid to make roster changes

-#1 defense after he took over

-signature wins vs kc and chargers 

-almost took a 3-5 team with a 4th round rookie qb and a inexperienced rookie oc to the playoffs 

who said they support pierce cause of his gear or any other materialistic things 

Nobody said that was the sole reason. It certainly plays a roll. Raider fans are insanely tribal. Case in point, most want to trade to #1 to take Jayden Daniels simply because of his AP connection. 

in the end, there was some good you outlined and a lot of bad. They were not close to the playoffs. They shot their shot on the KC game after laying an 0-3 egg in a game they needed to win. Then bookended it with a flat, uninspired performance in Indy.

I have no issue with AP getting the job. But people fans are acting like we hired prime Tom Flores here and there are a lot of question marks to the hire. 

• Like 3

Some really odd, over the top narratives being used to validate arguments on here. Who gives a toss about Twitter opinions about anything - let alone a football team? The platform is designed to represent disparate views of people with terrible opinions. It’s literally how it’s M.O.!

It’s a little hypocritical to say that you hate how some raiders fans go to extremes with their support for AP by going to the extreme of using Twitter opinion as a means to criticise him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Go to Twitter.  There are countless fans who are buying the same shoes he wore in support of his hire.  There are fans who are super excited because he's black.  Go to Twitter and you'll see it all.

I'm pretty sure BP was referencing the same thing.  I certainly wasn't referencing fans from this forum.

Exactly this. The casual fans wanted AP or nothing. Even the mic jockey podcasters telling fans to got trend #hireAP across social media so Mark can't ignore them. And of course the shoes.

While most wanted a wide search, they wanted to hire this AP or storm the Henderson facility. It was all over the top cringy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think when it comes to Pierce it really felt like he was the rebound girl that you love because they aren’t your toxic ex. It’s like dating your hoodie, comfortable safe and familiar. Add to it that pierce was a Raider fan who grew up in La and drove a 64  it made lots of fans cream their pants over it. It’s like JMD was establishment and Pierce was that rebel who had success, of course Raider fans loved that because they saw themselves in it. The problem I have is the binary thinking that if they hired anyone other than him it would have been a failure. People thought that way about Bisaccia that if they hired him over JMD they would be contending for a Super Bowl. They wouldn’t.  And that should be the goal to win a Super Bowl. He feels good now, but what’s he going to do about the QB position and the offense? Because KC isn’t going to be handing him 2 tds next season. 

See I just don’t believe that. I think it’s binary thinking to think that all posters/fans who are happy with AP wanted him and only him and there reason for being happy with him is because of his clothes.

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

All you have to do is scream RAIDERSSS and quote Al Davis and you’re a fan favorite for life here

Don't forget talking about how you're going to play "the Raider way". Which means lots of illegal hits, stickum and cheating being encouraged. A blend of football that you've not been able to play in the 2000s, but fans can't seem to grasp that. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Don't forget talking about how you're going to play "the Raider way". Which means lots of illegal hits, stickum and cheating being encouraged. A blend of football that you've not been able to play in the 2000s, but fans can't seem to grasp that. 

The Raiders way is going decades without winning meaningful games.

I'll root for AP but dear god seeing the fan support on Twitter like he's the second coming of jesus christ and that you're a hater, not a fan, or racist if you think otherwise has been hella annoying.

53 minutes ago, Geezy said:

AP did more in his interim season than JMD did his stint in Denver, yet you supported one and not the other lol maybe if he said more Patriot things and not so much Raiders things you’d buy in 😂

Again, not sure why some can't understand this or just want to create narratives. I am in support of AP, but question some of the logistics behind the hire with his limited resume. 

I do think there were better candidates that went completely ignored in favor of the hire. That's my issue. 

I only supported JMD after once hired as I do with every coach getting his shot. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Some really odd, over the top narratives being used to validate arguments on here. Who gives a toss about Twitter opinions about anything - let alone a football team? The platform is designed to represent disparate views of people with terrible opinions. It’s literally how it’s M.O.!

It’s a little hypocritical to say that you hate how some raiders fans go to extremes with their support for AP by going to the extreme of using Twitter opinion as a means to criticise him.

There are fans here going over the top. Or did you miss all the AP is a better coach that Mike Vrabel posts?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Agreed. And the thing for me is do you really believe that AP is leading us to the Super Bowl? I don't.

It reminds me of Carr, fans were too scared to move on from average because they felt we couldn't do better and he was "loyal to the shield."