Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

A lot of sad takes in this forum. Reduced to talking about others supporting a coach because of his Clothes , Shoes and catch phrases? 

All what matters is what transpired on the field. The team play elevated on all aspects. Not just with emotion but tactical and player development.  The better players were in position to succeed. You gotta be blind with anger not to have optimism going into next season

Sad lol. People would rather see the team lose to RIVALS because they don’t like the coach

I imagine The Lions fans had Dan Campbell naysayers until he finally turned the team around

It is only January and the anti-AP crowd gonna crow on everything all year just because you don’t like the coach. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yup. It's one of those things that whichever side of the fence you're on we have to just let it run its course. Not trying to outsmart ourselves.

Right. Gonna be a long offseason but we got a full year to see what transpires. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

It appears a lot of OCs candidates are being interviewed we don’t know about 

For sure. 

Supposedly Burrow loves Pitcher so he might be a nice add. I wonder who is all involved in these interviews if we don't officially have a GM?

It sounded like Champ was earlier but if he's fielding interviews himself from other teams, isn't that a big potential issue?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because I wanted a legitimate candidate instead of a LB coach with very little success?

That’s fine if you feel that. However, if you didn’t over dunk on every negative with AP tenure and gloss over positives it would be more believable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For sure. 

Supposedly Burrow loves Pitcher so he might be a nice add. I wonder who is all involved in these interviews if we don't officially have a GM?

It sounded like Champ was earlier but if he's fielding interviews himself from other teams, isn't that a big potential issue?

My guess would be Mark, Pierce, Tom Coughlin , Tom Delaney and some others from this page 

https://www.raiders.com/team/front-office-roster/tom-delaney-1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Because they didn't want to play for the last guy.

It's great, I'm excited to see if it was flash in the pan or sustainable into next year when the competition ramps up.

Yeah well they should have been playing for the guy who you want to give all the credit to from the beginning. It would have made McDaniels look that much worst.

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chump is doing exactly what he learned from his mentor and benefactor:

Use the Raiders dime to jockey for himself. 

Should have relieved him of his duties after week 18 and let the team president conduct a proper interview of coaches and GMs. Instead, he half-assed the one job he arguably had while seeking a better deal for himself, probably sweet talking the Raiders along the way as the fat chick in case the head cheerleader leads him on.