Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy has more success winning games in his career than the raiders franchise has had in literal decades bud 

Crazy how he got replaced by a rookie 4th round pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Chump is doing exactly what he learned from his mentor and benefactor:

Use the Raiders dime to jockey for himself. 

Should have relieved him of his duties after week 18 and let the team president conduct a proper interview of coaches and GMs. Instead, he half-assed the one job he arguably had while seeking a better deal for himself, probably sweet talking the Raiders along the way as the fat chick in case the head cheerleader leads him on. 

Wild take. I’ve noticed once somebody is in your crosshairs you will stop at nothing to create a negative narrative around them (PG, Big Palooka, Champ Kelly, etc.). Even after PG delivered exceptional results with bottom 5 defensive talent, you still refuse to give the man any credit. 

• Like 5

The biggest AP backers on here barely give Graham any credit. It’s kind of crazy. They might be in for a rude awakening if we win 6 games and ask “what happened?” maybe cause Graham was the mastermind and we tried to explain it to your thick skulls?

Reminds me of fans using any excuse in the book to defend their QB. An all or nothing type of mentality. Example: AP is 99% the guy behind our success and defense. A teams QB is void of any blame, and always WRs/RB’s/OL/Coaching/Defense, there will always be one excuse to pick from to void blame. 

• Like 2

The fact of the matter is, both were reasons why we succeeded. I’d give 65% to PG and 35% to AP. AP made some roster changes that allowed us to thrive, but schemes are everything in the NFL, and without Graham’s brilliant scheme, those roster changes are useless. Graham can go to a new team and get great players… AP can’t just learn Graham’s scheme and install it. 

9 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

The biggest AP backers on here barely give Graham any credit. It’s kind of crazy. They might be in for a rude awakening if we win 6 games and ask “what happened?” maybe cause Graham was the mastermind and we tried to explain it to your thick skulls?

Reminds me of fans using any excuse in the book to defend their QB. An all or nothing type of mentality. Example: AP is 99% the guy behind our success and defense. A teams QB is void of any blame, and always WRs/RB’s/OL/Coaching/Defense, there will always be one excuse to pick from to void blame. 

I am a fan of both. There’s definitely merit to thinking AP had something to do with the improvement the defense saw once he took over. It can’t all be coincidence, but PG definitely deserves props. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Crazy how he got replaced by a rookie 4th round pick. 

The raiders coaches last year couldn’t do anything to win. I mean JMD and AP have both been run out of town after losing everywhere they’ve ever been lol

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

A lot of sad takes in this forum. Reduced to talking about others supporting a coach because of his Clothes , Shoes and catch phrases? 

All what matters is what transpired on the field. The team play elevated on all aspects. Not just with emotion but tactical and player development.  The better players were in position to succeed. You gotta be blind with anger not to have optimism going into next season

Sad lol. People would rather see the team lose to RIVALS because they don’t like the coach

I imagine The Lions fans had Dan Campbell naysayers until he finally turned the team around

It is only January and the anti-AP crowd gonna crow on everything all year just because you don’t like the coach. 

There’s more to it than just what happened over the last nine games. If that’s all that matters to you then you’ll never do what’s best. You have to consider more than just the last 9 games. The fact that you think that’s more than enough to choose a HC is why I’m glad you have no say in the matter. We should’ve done a real hiring process. Not just gone with the guy that makes you happy in the moment. There were other candidates we should have interviewed and considered.

You have to be blind with optimism to believe the way we hired AP was the best choice. Not the fact that we hired him. But the fact that we literally didn’t interview any other decent HC candidate. 

We all want to see the Raiders win. It’s why we have an issue with the hiring process. Not AP, but the hiring process. We could have interviewed so many people and we decided to interview AP and two JAGs to satisfy the Rooney rule.

We all like the coach. Just wish more effort was put into the hiring of the HC that we will have running the show for the next 2-3 years.

You really took this conversation to the extreme.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

The fact of the matter is, both were reasons why we succeeded. I’d give 65% to PG and 35% to AP. AP made some roster changes that allowed us to thrive, but schemes are everything in the NFL, and without Graham’s brilliant scheme, those roster changes are useless. Graham can go to a new team and get great players… AP can’t just learn Graham’s scheme and install it. 

This.

Boom.

Edited by Jerry