Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

The NFL Stock Exchange guys made a great point with their latest episode where the draft is a decent OT and IOL draft so it’s a little confusing so many teams threw big money at the positions. 

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The NFL Stock Exchange guys made a great point with their latest episode where the draft is a decent OT and IOL draft so it’s a little confusing so many teams threw big money at the positions. 

OG is not great in the draft.  Center and OT are.  Wr is the other deep position.  CB lacks top end talent.  EDGE lacks top end talent.  IDL is decent but not amazing.

21 hours ago, rlon said:

Very short arms but looks like he has a great motor and speed for the position.

A guy I like with similar height/weight, but with longer arms is Kris Jenkins.  34" arms, I believe, which negates his shorter sub-6'3" height.  Also very athletic for his size.  I'd be okay with either, tbh.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:37 PM, warfelg said:

Yeah,  that’s what gets me about creating the hole at WR.  There is a good chance a high end RT falls to us in the 1st, but we may have to force a WR pick.

I’d love to be able to go OT in the 1st and  OC in the second or 3rd.  Our OL could be set for when we can find a QB.

29 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Yeah,  that’s what gets me about creating the hole at WR.  There is a good chance a high end RT falls to us in the 1st, but we may have to force a WR pick.

I’d love to be able to go OT in the 1st and  OC in the second or 3rd.  Our OL could be set for when we can find a QB.

WR is very deep though. 

I'm hoping Brian Thomas isn't the Steelers pick at 20. I love his deep speed but put a body against him and he doesn't catch the ball on a consistent basis. Add in the fact on the depth of this class, and you can get a similar prospect on day 3.

16 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'm hoping Brian Thomas isn't the Steelers pick at 20. I love his deep speed but put a body against him and he doesn't catch the ball on a consistent basis. Add in the fact on the depth of this class, and you can get a similar prospect on day 3.

I'm with you. I either want a top tier WR in the first, or someone like Legette in the 2nd or Corley in the 3rd. I don't really want the second tier WR's in the first. I'd take a potential blue chip OL or CB over a lesser WR. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm with you. I either want a top tier WR in the first, or someone like Legette in the 2nd or Corley in the 3rd. I don't really want the second tier WR's in the first. I'd take a potential blue chip OL or CB over a lesser WR. 

Leggette would be perfect for this vertical style system.

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

I would rather have a guy that can run routes than another receiver running flies/post/flag routes all game.  THat is what Thomas and Coleman and Legette will do for their 1st year in the system.  Give me Rome Odunze( haha right), Ladd McConkey, Xavier Worthy or Adonai Mitchell.   The later 2 are worth pick 20.  They would trade up to get Odunze and down to get McConkey.  All of them are excellent route runners.  All of them would have immediate impact in games.

Pearsall and Franklin could be day 2 picks.  Both run excellent routes.

Edited by jebrick

13 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would rather have a guy that can run routes than another receiver running flies/post/flag routes all game.  THat is what Thomas and Coleman and Legette will do for their 1st year in the system.  Give me Rome Odunze( haha right), Ladd McConkey, Xavier Worthy or Adonai Mitchell.   The later 2 are worth pick 20.  They would trade up to get Odunze and down to get McConkey.  All of them are excellent route runners.  All of them would have immediate impact in games.

Pearsall and Franklin could be day 2 picks.  Both run excellent routes.

What’s your take on Malachi Corley?

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Leggette would be perfect for this vertical style system.

Also unpolished, depends where we get him imo. If we go WR high, which I hope we don’t, it’s got to be an NFL ready type who rounds great routes, like an Amari Cooper kind of guy.

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Also unpolished, depends where we get him imo. If we go WR high, which I hope we don’t, it’s got to be an NFL ready type who rounds great routes, like an Amari Cooper kind of guy.

Describe unpolished. Most of these receivers can run damn near every route. As a coach, you have to understand the strengths/weaknesses of your players and adjust your system to it. Many on here love Ladd McConkey but he is better stacked or off the line of scrimmage. That means he has issues getting off jams/press coverage. Leggette was used as the vertical receiver but he understands route tempo well. Just remember that he's almost 30 pounds heavier than those small lightning bug movement players. The best comparison for Xavier Leggette is Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown.