Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

I do think it's an interesting change if we are not having Tomlin and Khan take prospects to dinner anymore. Say that our WR coach took the guy from Texas out. IMO, that's probably a better use of time and less of a bullseye for draft targets. 

There's a wide spectrum of opinion for this, but IMO I'd lean towards this being less power for Tomlin during this process. Khan seems to be putting his stamp on things and if being less "obvious" with draft selection helps a team that seems far more willing to be flexible and move during the draft that's a good thing. 

(now, if they actually filled out the roster so it wasn't still blatantly obvious the positions we are going to target...)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Duke's Pro Day is happening right now. I wonder if any of our Brass is there?

Reportedly only OC Arthur Smith.

No Tomlin or Khan but I still think there’s an outside chance he’s their pick at 20.

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Reportedly only OC Arthur Smith.

No Tomlin or Khan but I still think there’s an outside chance he’s their pick at 20.

There's also UNC today and the BIG12 pro day.

Smith made it to bot Duke and UNC. Curry at UNC. 

Biggest shock? Khan and Tomlin met with Pennix at his pro day. And he’s got a visit scheduled. 

Edited by warfelg

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Smith made it to bot Duke and UNC. Curry at UNC. 

Biggest shock? Khan and Tomlin met with Pennix at his pro day. And he’s got a visit scheduled. 

Don't you think they are just doing their due diligence in case he takes a mammoth fall? I don't understand why people are getting upset. They aren't going to take him at 20...hopefully not at 51...but if they pick later in the second, or early third, I doubt I'd complain about that selection. 

17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

@bigben07MVPposted that 8 hours ago. You’re way too slow today! 

I think @armsteeld mentioned that he had Frazier higher than JPJ. Maybe the senior bowl inflated his status with the draftnik community. I’d love to snag him in the 2nd.

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

@bigben07MVPposted that 8 hours ago. You’re way too slow today! 

I think @armsteeld mentioned that he had Frazier higher than JPJ. Maybe the senior bowl inflated his status with the draftnik community. I’d love to snag him in the 2nd.

If I had to guess teams have Barton as the #1 center. That combined with slight injury concerns is pushing JPJ down a bit. 

Idc - his tape is amazing. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

If I had to guess teams have Barton as the #1 center. That combined with slight injury concerns is pushing JPJ down a bit. 

Idc - his tape is amazing. 

Really? If you watch JPJ film then 5 other Centers in this draft class, you could barely tell the difference. None of them truly stand out in a good way that makes me excited. My favorite ones are Limmer, Bartolini, and Eguakun.

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Really? If you watch JPJ film then 5 other Centers in this draft class, you could barely tell the difference. None of them truly stand out in a good way that makes me excited. My favorite ones are Limmer, Bartolini, and Eguakun.

That's my guy too. I've seen a wide variety of expected draft slots for him. Some as late as the 7th rd. 

• Like 1