Free Agency 2024

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

3 years 51 mil for Armstead.  No way we would have offered him that.

Can confidently say there was zero chance we were paying that. Total panic spend by Baalke. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Jayson Braddock mentioned Calais Campbell as a possible pivot. I wouldn’t hate it. He’s a solid and dependable veteran and could help mentor a young rook

Not bad but isn't he more of a DE?

• Like 1

Interested to see if this is a true extension (adding three years to his current deal) or if this is just replacing his current contract. If it’s the former, I don’t really see why they had to do that. He’s entering his age 28 season so even if he has a great year, it’s not like people will be clamoring to sign a 29 year old, so I can’t imagine him getting getting more than what Henry or Jones just got.

1 hour ago, Marco79 said:

Interested to see if this is a true extension (adding three years to his current deal) or if this is just replacing his current contract. If it’s the former, I don’t really see why they had to do that. He’s entering his age 28 season so even if he has a great year, it’s not like people will be clamoring to sign a 29 year old, so I can’t imagine him getting getting more than what Henry or Jones just got.

I think it is heavily front-loaded.  But it does beg the question....

Maybe send a message to other players on last year of their deals = trade me to Htown and they will take care of me with a new contract.  We should have plenty money next year & year 3 - esp. if cap goes up.

Plus we know Demeco helps defensive players get that $$$$ and CJ will help the offensive players ;) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Autry is gonna start at DT and not be a rotation end right? We are thin at DT. 

I think he's basically a Jerry Hughes replacement/upgrade, but with the ability to kick inside on 3rd and long for like "NASCAR" package

Edited by PAtexansFAN_99

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So then we dont have a starting level DT on the roster. 

I think fatukasi definitely is, and then yes, Khalil Davis, Tim settle, Kurt hinish.. I kind of like those guys honestly. I think we could add another rotational body out a maliek Collins caliber player between now and September. Not super worried about it

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Gotta be for a DB

If we trade for Jaycee Horn or sign Justin Simmons... I'm all in

Over at clutchfans most people think it's a trade for WR (Diggs or Aiyuk or Higgins)