Free Agency 2024

34 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

It’s Antonio Brown’s news Twitter he made. He has been ahead of some signing/trades this past week

(1) AB has a news / Twitter / X account?  

(2) Who thought this was a good idea?

(3) Was it CT for Connecticut?  or CTE as n AB has some damage?

(4) I have wwwaayyyy more questions

(5) Still call malarky

52 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

(1) AB has a news / Twitter / X account?  

(2) Who thought this was a good idea?

(3) Was it CT for Connecticut?  or CTE as n AB has some damage?

(4) I have wwwaayyyy more questions

(5) Still call malarky

Ya, he has a personal account and this this CTESPN account in reference to CTE/brain damage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Ugh, the cost in draft capital and contract just make me ill...

You get Higgins, you pretty much get 1 shot because Nico is gone after next year. No way you pay both of them. They probably have a plan for their day 2s which is why they want to secure WR right now before the draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

You get Higgins, you pretty much get 1 shot because Nico is gone after next year. No way you pay both of them. They probably have a plan for their day 2s which is why they want to secure WR right now before the draft.

Still makes me ill - you look at Higgins and you see that he's never had a season like what Nico did last season. Higgins is consistently a 900-1,000 yard WR - that's good but you better be spot on that he can fit exactly where Nico fit last season, or you put yourself in a big hole.

Just keep Nico, IMO.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Still makes me ill - you look at Higgins and you see that he's never had a season like what Nico did last season. Higgins is consistently a 900-1,000 yard WR - that's good but you better be spot on that he can fit exactly where Nico fit last season, or you put yourself in a big hole.

Just keep Nico, IMO.

Yes. Honestly our WR room is fine if they can stay healthy. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yes. Honestly our WR room is fine if they can stay healthy. 

I'm pretty much ok with the idea of Xavier Hutchinson and John Metchie going into Y2/Y2 Redshirt seasons. Your top 3 will be Nico/Tank/Brown and your WR4 will be your crafty vet, Robert Woods; 5/6 are guys who either impact ST (Hutch) or are guys you think can develop with the right circumstances (Metchie and Hutch). 

Now, if you can add a top 10 WR to that mix such as Keenan Allen? You jump at that opportunity, push everyone at 1-3 down and release Woods. That's a rare opportunity, bringing in a guy of Allen's caliber. 

You don't do that for Tee Higgins.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty much ok with the idea of Xavier Hutchinson and John Metchie going into Y2/Y2 Redshirt seasons. Your top 3 will be Nico/Tank/Brown and your WR4 will be your crafty vet, Robert Woods; 5/6 are guys who either impact ST (Hutch) or are guys you think can develop with the right circumstances (Metchie and Hutch). 

Now, if you can add a top 10 WR to that mix such as Keenan Allen? You jump at that opportunity, push everyone at 1-3 down and release Woods. That's a rare opportunity, bringing in a guy of Allen's caliber. 

You don't do that for Tee Higgins.

Higgins is not worth draft capital and a huge contract. A 6th round pick and a WR2 contract and I’m cutting woods and all over it. Anything like what Ridley got from the Titans and I’d pay a 6th to not do the deal. 

• Like 2

Haven't asked specifically about either player, but everything I've been told about the WR market is that we really like this draft class. We also have had success drafting WRs to where I feel pretty confident our plan is take a WR on day 2 versus trading for a WR. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Haven't asked specifically about either player, but everything I've been told about the WR market is that we really like this draft class. We also have had success drafting WRs to where I feel pretty confident our plan is take a WR on day 2 versus trading for a WR. 

We have 3 picks day 2 and so we probably need to go with some combo of WR, DT, LB, CB

• Like 2