2024 Mocks

D82

Mahomes in college. Biggest worry was, how does he read a D and can you reel in his constant deep play for a more pro game. He sat behind Alex Smith, a guy who's strongest NFL trait was knowing when to take the easy stuff and how to read defenses quickly. Mahomes learned to shore up his weakest points watching someone who's strongest traits were what he was weakest at.

Penix now learns his weakest traits while watching a guy who's strongest traits are the things he is weakest at.

Same situation.... I love the idea and Atlanta in 2 years is going to be an absolute beast in the NFC behind Penix.

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Holy Michael Penix! 

What’s goin through Kirk Cousins head right now?????

Cousins is 35. He's thinking he gets to pass on a few pro tips and as his wife is an Atlanta native and it's where they will likely retire to. He gets to cheer on his hometown Atlanta falcons in his retirement years knowing he had a hand in helping Penix becomes the next Pat Mahomes.

13 hours ago, matt79511 said:

If I hear Roger Goodell say “Jonathon Brooks” or “Junior Colson” in the same sentence as “Dallas Cowboys” tonight I’m going to have an aneurysm 

Let’s all be glad this didn’t happen, friends

32/32 teams just told us that this RB and LB class wasn’t good enough for any to go on Thursday night. Let’s just appreciate that our big dumb team wasn’t the exception

9 hours ago, matt79511 said:

32/32 teams just told us that this RB and LB class wasn’t good enough for any to go on Thursday night. Let’s just appreciate that our big dumb team wasn’t the exception

Will gladly take either today though!

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Walterfootball has Dallas selecting RB Trey Benson, WR Ja'Lynn Polk and LB Cedric Gray today in their Rounds 2-3 "Re-draft" mock

Would you guys take that? I would take that.

I really hope Benson falls that far. He’s a better RB than Brooks imo and has higher top end speed. 

The Cowboys don’t know how to use their RBs out of the backfield, so part of Brooks ability would be wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2024 at 12:18 AM, matt79511 said:

Or they told you just his damn good this WR and OL, and QB, class is this year. It doesn't always mean the others weren't good players or good choices at their spots. Just that those positions that crowded the first round were both of higher value positions and a very deep class with immense potential 

On 4/25/2024 at 8:21 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

Mahomes in college. Biggest worry was, how does he read a D and can you reel in his constant deep play for a more pro game. He sat behind Alex Smith, a guy who's strongest NFL trait was knowing when to take the easy stuff and how to read defenses quickly. Mahomes learned to shore up his weakest points watching someone who's strongest traits were what he was weakest at.

Penix now learns his weakest traits while watching a guy who's strongest traits are the things he is weakest at.

Same situation.... I love the idea and Atlanta in 2 years is going to be an absolute beast in the NFC behind Penix.

Even if the talent eval for Mahomes/Penix was the same (which I think is dubious), these things are not the same.

Penix is older. He’s had 4 season ending surgeries. Alex Smith was already 2 years into his 4 year extension, not 0 years. You want to play Penix in 2026? Then you pay Cousins nearly $60M to sit on the bench, or you cut him and eat $25M in dead cap.

These things are not the same.