2024 Mocks

D82

I’m taking this Brooks talk with a grain of rice. Last year at this time all the insiders were pumping up Michael Mayer. It would be so irresponsible to take another RB in the 1st. Literally the definition of putting the horse before the cart.

32 minutes ago, TVScout said:

I went back and watched tape of him. He checks all the boxes for measurables and athletics. But his entire bag of techniques has to be emptied and refilled. No punch. Feet are too close together. Plays on his heels. If you want to draft a project it might be wiser to pick Kiran Amegadjie.

We didn’t watch the same player, I guess. Certainly some technique needs some work. So did Tyler Smith. My guy is a natural athlete, terrific mirror athleticism, and I disagree about the punch… I see a guy buries people. Get him in with Duke Manyweather, and he’s a walk-in starter at LT.

I haven’t watched Amegadjie, so 🤷🏻‍♂️ if he’s better than Kingsley, then sweet. We should be talking about him more.

6 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I’m taking this Brooks talk with a grain of rice. Last year at this time all the insiders were pumping up Michael Mayer. It would be so irresponsible to take another RB in the 1st. Literally the definition of putting the horse before the cart.

I’m pretty confident no one is talking about Brooks in the first round except for one person on this forum.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I didn’t read a word of this. No offense. RB in rd1 is a terrible idea imo and that isn’t changing any time soon.

There's no justification for a RB in round one.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 11:33 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m pretty confident no one is talking about Brooks in the first round except for one person on this forum.

Never said I'd want that to happen at all. Keep saying the opposite actually. What I am saying is that I'm prepared for it if so, with all the reports suddenly popping up that he is their biggest draft target. Depending on how round 1 fleshes out, we have ALL absolutely seen this team do crazier things. I'd rather see them trade out of the first entirely if it doesn't flesh out in their favor. But I wouldn't put anything past Jerry.

Sucks that this would never happen. But I just did this on NFL draft buzz:

1.24 Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon

2.56 Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

(Trade back with Bengals, receiving 3.97 and 4.115, and OT Cody Ford)

3.97 Braelon Allen, RB, Wisc

4.115 Brenden Rice, WR, USC

5.174 KT Levesten, OT, K State

(Another trade, don't remember the specifics)

6.214 Kaelen King, CB, Penn St

6.216 JD Bertrand, LB, ND

7.233 Matthew Jones, G, Ohio St

7.244 Evan Williams, S, Oregon

Didn't really know much about the last two picks other than I've heard of them before. King I really like late in the draft. Getting a veteran OT in Cody Ford definitely made missing out on an early OT worth it to land JPJ in round 1. Both of which (JPJ and the veteran OT) were really surprises to me. Colson in round 2, we could only be so lucky. Ironically, Brooks went 1 pick earlier in round 2 and Benson went 29th in round 1.

However it shakes out over this weekend. I think I'm as excited this year as I was in 2016 when we were the 4th pick. Because so much of this coming season rides on what this team does right now. Will it lead to the end of the McCarthy era? The Dak era? Both? Will it cement a legacy for Dak that keeps him in Dallas? Will it lead to a week 7 firing of McCarthy? Lol .. both of their jobs are in a sense, completely on the line. And whether or not this team capitalizes on the career and rise of a 4th round pick to MVP finalist and the sincere quality of this current roster is just as on the line.

7 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Bucky Brooks has us taking Penix in the first. Lol

Hacks gonna hack.

Speaking of:

Jane is about to be a sucker again. The amount of chum in the water about Brooks, almost makes me think we’re begging for someone to come take him, because he isn’t part of the plan.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

If I hear Roger Goodell say “Jonathon Brooks” or “Junior Colson” in the same sentence as “Dallas Cowboys” tonight I’m going to have an aneurysm 

Tomorrow, I might be ok. Tonight, shoot me

Yeah, this is the stuff nightmares are made of. It’ll be ugly for the handful that still post here and the Twitter-verse

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Yeah, this is the stuff nightmares are made of. It’ll be ugly for the handful that still post here and the Twitter-verse

Lol, classic Cowboys to send out desperate smoke screens the day of the draft. Jonathan Brooks at #24 hahahahahah, I would die. If that happens, consider this post my application for the DCRA.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

If I hear Roger Goodell say “Jonathon Brooks” or “Junior Colson” in the same sentence as “Dallas Cowboys” tonight I’m going to have an aneurysm 

I'm with you if either of their names are called tonight.

9 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Depends who's available. I could see them making such a horror filled selection of every viable OL and DL option is gone. I can't see them going WR if they plan to pay Lamb all that money, but if there's still doubts, Wr is still on the board. But the good ones might be gone too 

In that case I say trade back. But I wouldn't say it's out of the question in that circumstance that we hear one of those names. God I'll be frustrated...