2024 Mocks

D82

Figured we could share mock drafts we find or come up with on our own 

Here's a few I just did

**Trade** 
DAL receives 2024 2.59, 2024 4.127, 2025 7th Rounder 
HOU receives 2024 2.56 

1.24 - Graham Barton IOL, Duke - Could probably take over for Biadasz at center, but has flexibility to play guard or tackle as well.
2.59 (via HOU) - Jeremiah Trotter, Jr. LB, Clemson - Think this one speaks for itself. This team needs LBs, and Trotter has the pedigree. 
3.87 - Blake Corum RB, Michigan - Sincerely hope Pollard isn't back, and the team needs a back it can rely on. 
4.127 (via HOU) - Mike Sainristil CB, Michigan - Gilmore may not be back and we'll see what happens with Lewis. 
5.171 - Jaylan Ford LB, Texas - Another LB to add to the mix.
6.212 - Cedric Johnson EDGE, Ole Miss - Pass rusher to add to the mix.
7.230 - Jordan Jefferson DT, LSU - A big-bodied DT to add to the middle of the defense.
7.241 - Zakhari Franklin WR, Ole Miss - Local kid, transferred to Ole Miss this past season and had a down year, but showed some flashes at UTSA.

2nd one

**Trade**
DAL receives 2024 1.27, 2024 4.104
ARI receives 2024 1.24

DAL receives 2024 2.33, 2024 4.101
CAR receives 1.27

2.33 (via CAR) - Jackson Powers-Johnson C, Oregon - Biadasz's replacement.
2.56 - Edgerrin Cooper LB, Texas A&M - Ranked by some as the top linebacker in the draft. 
3.87 - Jonathan Brooks RB, Texas - Coming off a knee injury, but is an explosive runner. 
4.101 (via CAR) - McKinnley Jackson DT, Texas A&M - Another big body to add to the DL.
4.104 (via ARI) - Johnny Wilson WR, Florida State - a 6'7" 235 receiver, would give Dak a big-bodied guy to throw the ball to.
5.171 - Jaylin Simpson CB, Auburn 
6.212 - David Ugwoegbu LB/EDGE, Houston
7.30 - Garret Greenfield T, South Dakota State
7.241 - Akeem Dent S, Florida State

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 7:27 PM, D82 said:

Figured we could share mock drafts we find or come up with on our own 

Here's a few I just did

**Trade** 
DAL receives 2024 2.59, 2024 4.127, 2025 7th Rounder 
HOU receives 2024 2.56 

1.24 - Graham Barton IOL, Duke - Could probably take over for Biadasz at center, but has flexibility to play guard or tackle as well.
2.59 (via HOU) - Jeremiah Trotter, Jr. LB, Clemson - Think this one speaks for itself. This team needs LBs, and Trotter has the pedigree. 
3.87 - Blake Corum RB, Michigan - Sincerely hope Pollard isn't back, and the team needs a back it can rely on. 
4.127 (via HOU) - Mike Sainristil CB, Michigan - Gilmore may not be back and we'll see what happens with Lewis. 
5.171 - Jaylan Ford LB, Texas - Another LB to add to the mix.
6.212 - Cedric Johnson EDGE, Ole Miss - Pass rusher to add to the mix.
7.230 - Jordan Jefferson DT, LSU - A big-bodied DT to add to the middle of the defense.
7.241 - Zakhari Franklin WR, Ole Miss - Local kid, transferred to Ole Miss this past season and had a down year, but showed some flashes at UTSA.

2nd one

**Trade**
DAL receives 2024 1.27, 2024 4.104
ARI receives 2024 1.24

DAL receives 2024 2.33, 2024 4.101
CAR receives 1.27

2.33 (via CAR) - Jackson Powers-Johnson C, Oregon - Biadasz's replacement.
2.56 - Edgerrin Cooper LB, Texas A&M - Ranked by some as the top linebacker in the draft. 
3.87 - Jonathan Brooks RB, Texas - Coming off a knee injury, but is an explosive runner. 
4.101 (via CAR) - McKinnley Jackson DT, Texas A&M - Another big body to add to the DL.
4.104 (via ARI) - Johnny Wilson WR, Florida State - a 6'7" 235 receiver, would give Dak a big-bodied guy to throw the ball to.
5.171 - Jaylin Simpson CB, Auburn 
6.212 - David Ugwoegbu LB/EDGE, Houston
7.30 - Garret Greenfield T, South Dakota State
7.241 - Akeem Dent S, Florida State

Corum or Brooks, Id be pretty content with. The offense lacked firepower at the running game. Pollard belongs in the role he had last year and I think behind a real every down player he could be majorly effective once more. I don't believe he just simply fell off as much as I believe he was out of his element. If we draft a kid like one of these, I would very much hope they franchise Pollard to give him a chance to be the explosive weapon paired with another runner that we know he can be.

I however am not a fan of an OL early on. I think that would be smart. Don't get me wrong. It's a pick that helps this team form the long haul. But with how painfully close the team has been, and how they seem to be giving Mike and Dak another shot at this thing...then they need to really invest in that shot and make it count. Don't draft a player that's a smart move for the long haul. Go get a player either via drafting or trading that pick that lifts this team right now. Could a good OL be an upgrade right now? For sure! But not as much as a 'sexy' addition that will have an immediate impact on the events of a game starting from week 1. Be it a true linebacker able to shut down the run and brings some attitude to the unit, or another explosive playmaker outside easing the pressure on CeeDee, or a running back that can actually turn the tide of a game on any single carry but also be relied upon to get you that third and 2 despite 8 or 9 in the box. Maybe a true edge guy that doesn't need as much rotation to be effective as we find Armstrong and Williams to need. 

If they are taking this chance with Mike and Dak together again. Then push all your chips in. Go big or go home. Either give this your best shot or don't give it a shot at all. But they retained Mike already. So they're already giving it a shot. Now they just need to make it their best.

**TRADE**
DAL receives 2024 3.92, 2024 5.157
KC receives 2024 3.87

DAL receives 2024 5.165, 2024 7.225
BAL receives 2024 5.157

1.24 - Troy Franklin WR, Oregon
2.56 - Trey Benson RB, Florida State
3.92 - Payton Wilson LB, N.C. State
5.165 (via KC) - Sataoa Laumea G/C, Utah
5.171 - Jordan Jefferson DT, LSU 
6.212 - J.D. Bertrand LB, Notre Dame
7.225 (via BAL) - Grayson Murphy EDGE, UCLA
7.230 - M.J. Devonshire CB, Pittsburgh
7.241 - Xavier Thomas EDGE, Clemson

I saw 1 mock that looked like this:

1. Jordan Morgan OL

2. Jackson Powers Johnson OL/C

3. Junior Colson LB

For top 3 picks. I would also go Blake Corum RB in the 3rd if not LB.

But I liked these picks. If you did go RB, you now have the potential for a big upgrade in the running game.

Edited by Rtnldave

23 hours ago, D82 said:

**TRADE**
DAL receives 2024 3.92, 2024 5.157
KC receives 2024 3.87

DAL receives 2024 5.165, 2024 7.225
BAL receives 2024 5.157

1.24 - Troy Franklin WR, Oregon
2.56 - Trey Benson RB, Florida State
3.92 - Payton Wilson LB, N.C. State
5.165 (via KC) - Sataoa Laumea G/C, Utah
5.171 - Jordan Jefferson DT, LSU 
6.212 - J.D. Bertrand LB, Notre Dame
7.225 (via BAL) - Grayson Murphy EDGE, UCLA
7.230 - M.J. Devonshire CB, Pittsburgh
7.241 - Xavier Thomas EDGE, Clemson

This I could get behind. Lamb should not be catching 120 balls. I get that he is dominant with the ball in hand. But typically when a guy is catching that many balls and seeing that many targets, one of two things, or both of these things, are happening:

The game script and play design leans heavily on getting that player the ball very often.

And other players are not getting open as often or failing to find the gaps in coverage.

With this team I think it is a bit of both. And in regards to the first thing listed. It isn't that this is a problem. It's more that it creates an often one dimensional approach that becomes easier to stop when the defense is good and well coached. You ideally want two players that you can lean on in this way, so that if the coverages start to shade themselves on that one dimension, you've a whole other to lean on that can just as easily wreck the game for a defense.

But I'm regards to the second part. This is a problem. Cooks was solid, as was Ferguson. But I didn't see either of them flashing the ability to take over a game and really take some of the pressure off of Lamb. And that is what you would really prefer when you have a guy as good as Lamb. It might mean fewer balls his way, but often means a much more balanced and even more effective passing attack.

Running back is obviously a top need going into the off-season even if they retain Pollard. He needs a good running mate. While adding a true linebacker to aid this run defense is essential to this teams ability to get to a conference title game. While after that, adding quality depth and players who show more of an ability to develop into a future starter is key moreso than immediate impact. And most of the guys you listed are indeed the promising traits kind of guys who could grow into a meaningful role.

Do we really think a trade is possible coming this draft.  I put odds slim to none on a trade happening I the first.   While I would love OL 1st and 2nd I would be just as shocked of that happened.   I want to get some kind of idea what they are doing with cooks but then again the draft may answer that question.   

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Do we really think a trade is possible coming this draft.  I put odds slim to none on a trade happening I the first.   While I would love OL 1st and 2nd I would be just as shocked of that happened.   I want to get some kind of idea what they are doing with cooks but then again the draft may answer that question.   

Well, I dunno about Cooks, but I did read an article today about Jerry wanting to go after S and get what he calls "A Turnover Machine." 

Like I said before, I would NEVER take A DB in the 1st round again. Knowing we have no running game, were keeping Dak and MM, and 2 of our Olinemen are getting old and injured a lot, I would NEVER takexa DB even less!

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, I dunno about Cooks, but I did read an article today about Jerry wanting to go after S and get what he calls "A Turnover Machine." 

Like I said before, I would NEVER take A DB in the 1st round again. Knowing we have no running game, were keeping Dak and MM, and 2 of our Olinemen are getting old and injured a lot, I would NEVER takexa DB even less!

I would hope we don’t take a CB/S anywhere in the first 4 rounds.  We have enough turn over type machines we don’t have enough “power” type defenders.   I want OL….  I am happy with our LB after a fashion but wouldn’t mind an athletic DL/LB type who can create disruption around the LOS. RB and WR are also in my radar in the first 4 rounds

11 hours ago, quiller said:

I would hope we don’t take a CB/S anywhere in the first 4 rounds.

I don't want any DBs this year. It is a weak crop. None of the prospects are any better than the payers we already have. I want a starting quality OT, a big feature RB, 2 big receivers, and 2 very large tall DLs.

• Like 1

From PFN sim

Trades:
1.24 to WAS for 2.36 and 3.67
3.87 to KC for 3.92 and 5.157

36. Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
56. Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington
67. Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee
92. Ty'Ron Hopper LB Missouri
157. Dwight McGlothern CB Arkansas
172. Matthew Lee OC Miami (FL)
212. Joe Milton QB Tennessee
230. Jackson Mitchell LB UConn
241. Noah Shannon DT Iowa

Edited by WizardHawk

27 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

From PFN sim

Trades:

Interesting. I love the Morgan and Polk picks. Don't know much about Wright or Milton. But I do like the idea of trading back and getting more ammo.

And after last year's draft, we NEED a solud draft this year.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:44 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

This I could get behind. Lamb should not be catching 120 balls. I get that he is dominant with the ball in hand. But typically when a guy is catching that many balls and seeing that many targets, one of two things, or both of these things, are happening:

The game script and play design leans heavily on getting that player the ball very often.

And other players are not getting open as often or failing to find the gaps in coverage.

With this team I think it is a bit of both. And in regards to the first thing listed. It isn't that this is a problem. It's more that it creates an often one dimensional approach that becomes easier to stop when the defense is good and well coached. You ideally want two players that you can lean on in this way, so that if the coverages start to shade themselves on that one dimension, you've a whole other to lean on that can just as easily wreck the game for a defense.

But I'm regards to the second part. This is a problem. Cooks was solid, as was Ferguson. But I didn't see either of them flashing the ability to take over a game and really take some of the pressure off of Lamb. And that is what you would really prefer when you have a guy as good as Lamb. It might mean fewer balls his way, but often means a much more balanced and even more effective passing attack.

Running back is obviously a top need going into the off-season even if they retain Pollard. He needs a good running mate. While adding a true linebacker to aid this run defense is essential to this teams ability to get to a conference title game. While after that, adding quality depth and players who show more of an ability to develop into a future starter is key moreso than immediate impact. And most of the guys you listed are indeed the promising traits kind of guys who could grow into a meaningful role.

I think Cooks can/will be an even more effective #2 with increased playing time.  I actually like his athleticism, his speed and elusiveness.  I think Fergy is solid and can do a lot of damage in the middle of the field.   I still believe that the running game is the Boys achilles heel.  I think that an OL is a must early in the draft (1-3).  That being said, BPA is the way to go, but if it's close, take the OL.  Interior DL also is something to ponder.  Osa has shown flashes and will continue to improve.  Is Mazi workable?  I am not so sure about him.  Having guys control the inside, is something that the Boys haven't had in a long time.

Problem is, with limited draft picks, it is impossible to fill all needs via the draft.  Couple this with the current cap situation and it makes piecing together a SB contending team much more challenging.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:27 AM, WizardHawk said:

From PFN sim

Trades:

Joe Milton has no place on this team, even as a 7th round pick. Dude is a leaner Jamarcus Russell

Jaylen Wright is a good scatback but can’t block and can’t run between the tackles effectively, so he’s not a fix to our problems in the run game.

I like Morgan and Polk