AFC Conference Championship: Ravens vs. Chiefs

I’m really angry right now. Can Lamar win a Super Bowl hopefully but damn what more does he need. He had an offense catered to him he was the unanimous MVP and was garbage in the playoffs. Now he had weapons a good online and more passing offense and #1 defense and still nothing. So what dose he need the best weapons in the nfl the best OLine in the nfl the best running back in the nfl the best coaches in the nfl and all the luck in the world maybe then he will win smh this is pathetic

3 minutes ago, santiagomn8 said:

I’m really angry right now. Can Lamar win a Super Bowl hopefully but damn what more does he need. He had an offense catered to him he was the unanimous MVP and was garbage in the playoffs. Now he had weapons a good online and more passing offense and #1 defense and still nothing. So what dose he need the best weapons in the nfl the best OLine in the nfl the best running back in the nfl the best coaches in the nfl and all the luck in the world maybe then he will win smh this is pathetic

I believe this is a mental issue for him. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Gross. Just gross.

Also, 8 called runs today folks. 2 of those were to Zay Flowers. I just don't understand.

This. Right here. How does Harbaugh let this slide? It's not something that was surprising if you actually watched the game. Horrible, horrible gameplan/play-calling by Monken. Going away from what literally the Ravens dominated the whole league with all season long.

Disgusting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

This. Right here. How does Harbaugh let this slide? It's not something that was surprising if you actually watched the game. Horrible, horrible gameplan/play-calling by Monken. Going away from what literally the Ravens dominated the whole league with all season long.

Disgusting.

dude we were on the 1 yard line AND WERE STILL CALLING STRAIGHT SHOTGUN DROPBACKS!!!!!

I just don't know. I want answers on that front beacuse it didn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Some all time bad takes in this thread about Mike MacDonald lmao

Dude had #1 PPG turnovers and sacks for first time in history and held KC to 17 points but yeah he was def the problem

He started soft but definitely turned it around at the end of the second quarter. Macdonald is legit and I'm not against having Harbaugh step into a front office role (or whatever they call it) and giving him the job now. Otherwise he's gone to Seattle. Not really advocating for Harbaugh to be gone. Just want Mike to stick around that badly. 

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

He started soft but definitely turned it around at the end of the second quarter. Macdonald is legit and I'm not against having Harbaugh step into a front office role (or whatever they call it) and giving him the job now. Otherwise he's gone to Seattle. Not really advocating for Harbaugh to be gone. Just want Mike to stick around that badly. 

I would totally be on board with this but you also have to consider that Mike Mac could absolutely flop as a HC and John Harbaugh is a great HC. Truly great. Yeah it's gonna suck losing him, but that's just football. We've lost so many good DC's and we've been able to replace them all.

Just now, santiagomn8 said:

Why is this a mental issue? Can you defend my statement? Without just name calling

I'll speak for myself and not try to answer for him, but I also see it as a mental issue for Lamar. He tries too hard to be the hero and puts too much pressure on himself and it doesn't allow him to just relax and play the game naturally. He tries to force too much and do too much and it ultimately kills us in big games.

2 minutes ago, santiagomn8 said:

Why is this a mental issue? Can you defend my statement? Without just name calling

How is it name calling? He's constantly making bad decisions in big games and doesn't look like the Lamar we know when it comes to big games like this? Why is is such a stretch to believe this guy is in his own head? Look at the results.. 

25 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Some all time bad takes in this thread about Mike MacDonald lmao

Dude had #1 PPG turnovers and sacks for first time in history and held KC to 17 points but yeah he was def the problem

Angus often has horrible takes.

When good defenses make it a point to shut down the run, you have to pass them out of it. It's not that complex. 

That said, if Harbaugh wants to move on from Monken I'd be okay with that. He never really proven himself a good OC until this year. The Ravens OC job is much more appealing this year now that Lamar is signed and has proven himself capable of executing a balanced offense with modern passing concepts. 

Monken to me is a good big play hunter but his game management and situational playcalling leave a lot to be desired. 

My bad everyone! I thought you were saying I had mental issues lol. Again my bad for the misunderstanding. Yes I agree this whole mentality of I’m not going to feel anything until I win. I feel isn’t working for him. Yes there might be some players that it works for Michael Jordan, Kobe, Brady but maybe he just isn’t that. Say what you will about Flacco but he had the best run in playoff history and beat Luck (rookie sensation) Manning and Brady and the top of their powers and Kapernick/crazy San Fransico Defense. He also did it with an average team. What more does Lamar need???? I believe in Decosta and. I do think the is team can potentially be better roster wise next year. So we definitely have a chance. I will say if we don’t win at least one before Lamar’s contract run out then start again period