Panthers hire Dan Morgan as GM

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I bet they got turned down by every external candidate.

Possible, but the plan from the jump seemed to be to keep Morgan around as the personnel guy and then bring another guy in for analytics/salary cap (we have mostly been interviewing candidates with experience dealing with that).  Still possible that we end up hiring Halaby (Eagles) or Tillis (Chiefs).

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Possible, but the plan from the jump seemed to be to keep Morgan around as the personnel guy and then bring another guy in for analytics/salary cap (we have mostly been interviewing candidates with experience dealing with that).  Still possible that we end up hiring Halaby (Eagles) or Tillis (Chiefs).

5 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

My first jersey and favorite Panther. I’m optimistic. 

He's oddly the first guy I think of when someone brings up Miami.  I always picture #44 with the orange and green U on the white helmet.  He's synonymous with the rebirth of the U, under Butch Davis, for me.  He was the face of the team rising back to the top, as the baton passed to Ken Dorsey and the who's who of skill position players.   

• Like 3

On 1/23/2024 at 11:48 AM, OkeyDoke21 said:

He's oddly the first guy I think of when someone brings up Miami.  I always picture #44 with the orange and green U on the white helmet.  He's synonymous with the rebirth of the U, under Butch Davis, for me.  He was the face of the team rising back to the top, as the baton passed to Ken Dorsey and the who's who of skill position players.   

For me he represents the football I started watching, which was run/stop the run.

Also, I was a big 2K guy, so when I asked my friend to teach me Madden, every game was me controlling Morgan vs. Portis, and him controlling LaVar Arrington vs. Deshaun Foster.  Good times. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

For me he represents the football I started watching, which was run/stop the run.

Also, I was a big 2K guy, so when I asked my friend to teach me Madden, every game was me controlling Morgan vs. Portis, and him controlling LaVar Arrington vs. Deshaun Foster.  Good times. 

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of it is age dependent.  I'm in my mid 30's, so when Morgan was at Miami, and coming into the NFL, I was coming into an age where I was paying more attention to the game, and becoming more aware of different players and teams and forming my own opinions vs  just the teams/players my parents/older kids who influenced me were watching or talking to me about.  

• Like 1