Titans Hire Brian Callahan for HC

615finest

kinda funny how at the press conference today brian callahan maintained that he didn't consider hiring his dad to be a possibility until recently. i assume it's some kind of etiquette or tampering thing because there is absolutely no way he didn't waltz into that interview and tell amy and ran he was going to pull one of the best OL coaches in football lol.

also, if dennard wilson does well here he'll be a head coach. dude can command a room.

Edited by -Hope-

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

kinda funny how at the press conference today brian callahan maintained that he didn't consider hiring his dad to be a possibility until recently. i assume it's some kind of etiquette or tampering thing because there is absolutely no way he didn't waltz into that interview and tell amy and ran he was going to pull one of the best OL coaches in football lol.

also, if dennard wilson does well here he'll be a head coach. dude can command a room.

Initial reports were the Browns weren't going to let Bill leave, so there may be truth to it/Bill told him it didn't look good, and Cleveland just changed their mind or something.

i'm intrigued by what seems from the outside looking in to be a distinct strategy to fill our coordinator spots with young hotshots and then bring in hyper-experienced, multi-decade vets to man nearly all of the positional coaching spots. it seems different from the "conventional" thing a lot of young, first-time HCs do in hiring experienced coordinators, though that's based mostly on vibes and not an exhaustive accounting of how people have done it in the past.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, renndawg37 said:

Pumped to see our corners actually play close to the LOS on 3rd and shorts now lol 

Won’t make a difference if we don’t have CB’s that can’t cover. I want us to get some long CB’s that can press 

19 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Won’t make a difference if we don’t have CB’s that can’t cover. I want us to get some long CB’s that can press 

Well, obviously. However it doesn't really matter how good you are at coverage when giving up 7 yard cushions on 3rd and 3. 

I've always been a fan of defenses that attack, rather than defend. Looks like Dennard Wilson agrees and it pumps me up. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Well, obviously. However it doesn't really matter how good you are at coverage when giving up 7 yard cushions on 3rd and 3. 

I've always been a fan of defenses that attack, rather than defend. Looks like Dennard Wilson agrees and it pumps me up. 

Boom!!! My exact thoughts. F that bending but don’t break bs. Obviously the defense needs more talent at every level but there’s also a different mindset of defenses that attack compared to just sit there and let you gash you all day long. Right now, we have 1 solid CB and that’s McCreary and he should playing nickel only. Add Sneed and maybe bring back SMB and that to me puts our secondary in a much better situation. Also drafting someone in the first 4 rounds. If they get anything out of Farley, that would be a bonus but I fully expect him to retire or something over the next year or so 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

I was agreeing with everything you said that’s why I said I hope we have some CB’s that cover & press. I’m just saying us being aggressive won’t make a difference if they can’t. I want a us to go back to the Gregg Williams style of defense blitzing an attacking I just want us to finally have some CB’s 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Boom!!! My exact thoughts. F that bending but don’t break bs. Obviously the defense needs more talent at every level but there’s also a different mindset of defenses that attack compared to just sit there and let you gash you all day long. Right now, we have 1 solid CB and that’s McCreary and he should playing nickel only. Add Sneed and maybe bring back SMB and that to me puts our secondary in a much better situation. Also drafting someone in the first 4 rounds. If they get anything out of Farley, that would be a bonus but I fully expect him to retire or something over the next year or so 

I wouldn’t touch SMB he can’t play man for sh!t I rather bring Samaria Role back before him trash juice 

35 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hype as hell for where Wilson can take this defense. It’ll be nice to see an attacking defense for once. Need to get him a CB1, S, LB, and another edge then let’s roll.

Needs a NT too, high priority but not a 2 down NT, 1 that cause disruption & stop the run, we’re soft in the middle of the trenches. & can be run on at will.