Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

The Gnat

2 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

That's what we're doing, too. I like that they're upfront with the scoring on this one.

Nice, I haven't even looked at what's in the box yet. I suspect the scoring will change at some point in time, that seems way to easy to find out, or they'll add in some additional scoring later on.

13 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Nice, I haven't even looked at what's in the box yet. I suspect the scoring will change at some point in time, that seems way to easy to find out, or they'll add in some additional scoring later on.

I'm sure there will be some twists. But at least having a basic idea going in is nice, so you can decide how to proceed in those games that look like they're turning south.

Haven't gotten mine in yet either. Excited for it though. Hopefully by the weekend.

Started Pandemic Legacy season 2 yesterday.

Thus far, we've made it through the prologue and 2 months. I'm really loving it thus far. The mechanics are similar, but different. Instead of curing diseases, you're trying to keep supplies up to keep the population healthy, so you're spending your cards to build supply centers to get more supplies spread around. And the story is interesting thus far.

9 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Started Pandemic Legacy season 2 yesterday.

Thus far, we've made it through the prologue and 2 months. I'm really loving it thus far. The mechanics are similar, but different. Instead of curing diseases, you're trying to keep supplies up to keep the population healthy, so you're spending your cards to build supply centers to get more supplies spread around. And the story is interesting thus far.

Hollow Men are the worst, amirite?

Got to play Mochi Kuro at a convention this past weekend. I like it as a game, seems like a fun one to play and simple enough for most people to pick up.

Also got to try some new table top RPG's (or at least new to me): Dreamchaser, Axon Punk Overdrive (think Cowboy Bebop) and Cypher System. All were a lot of fun to play.

FRIDAY HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!

I'm so excited for this, I've been hoping they'd do it, and it's happening. I love Betrayal at House on the Hill, and I'm hoping they can turn this into an awesome legacy game, because it's totally set-up for it.

We have box artwork and it looks amazing!

Played a few games recently:

Xenoshyft: Onslaught - We accidentally cheated in our advantage twice, but it was still fun, and I'm ready to play it again because it's going to be a lot harder, but it's a fun base defense deck builder.

Tsuro of the Sea (or whatever it is called) - basically Tsuro with some randomness to it. Don't know that I like it better than the base because there is more luck to it.

Captain Sonar - Actually played that real time this time, was on the winning team twice. It was a ton of fun.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Been playing Pandemic Legacy 2 with some friends. First time playing any Pandemic. Tons of fun, but man are there times where you just feel like you're getting reamed. 

That's how it goes with these legacy games! For a board game, they can get pretty tense. You think things are going great, then you draw an epidemic that totally effs up your game plan.