Around The League

Jerry

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Still early but I saw that too interesting 

Drake Maye was trash last year. He has the traits tho. Wouldn't be a shock if he's a bust. Interested to see how his career plays out. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Drake Maye was trash last year. He has the traits tho. Wouldn't be a shock if he's a bust. Interested to see how his career plays out. 

We would've had to trade up to number three to find out

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Because he ran 4.9 at the combine and was being mean to his teammates on a Netflix show in HS

Honestly don’t know about the Netflix thing.  

My problem with him was that he had 1 good year, then really kinda sucked…  Horrible decision making and showed a propensity to panic under pressure.  Then the bad athletic metrics showed up on top of that.  At some point did he become a value? sure I’d have taken a chance too.  However, I’m a guy who really believes you throw darts at QBs until you hit on one.

Training camp is a place where a guy like that should absolutely shine.  Big arm, no pressure and scripted plays… of course he’s going to look amazing! Especially considering his competition (lol I jest)

Edited by 101Raider

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Because he ran 4.9 at the combine and was being mean to his teammates on a Netflix show in HS

Agreed. Also he was under pressure almost every pass he threw last year which didn’t help his decision making. Not sure what prospect would of been better that O-line

34 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Honestly don’t know about the Netflix thing.  

My problem with him was that he had 1 good year, then really kinda sucked…  Horrible decision making and showed a propensity to panic under pressure.  Then the bad athletic metrics showed up on top of that.  At some point did he become a value? sure I’d have taken a chance too.  However, I’m a guy who really believes you throw darts at QBs until you hit on one.

Training camp is a place where a guy like that should absolutely shine.  Big arm, no pressure and scripted plays… of course he’s going to look amazing! Especially considering his competition (lol I jest)

Two out of the three years he was on a horrible team and one out of three years was only a couple of games before being benched

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Two out of the three years he was on a horrible team and one out of three years was only a couple of games before being benched

I remember people saying he got benched at OU was the reason they didn’t wanna draft him .by the Heisman trophy winner and #1 overall pick

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. Also he was under pressure almost every pass he threw last year which didn’t help his decision making. Not sure what prospect would of been better that O-line

I said that for like three months I'm not gonna talk to much more about that. He would rather straight up for JJ McCarthy or Drake Maye sit them for a few years and not have a first round pick next year

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Joe Milton would have beat out AOC and Minshew pretty easily it seems. 

I’ve said it over and over, this Front Office not getting a QB at ALL from this draft is extremely irresponsible. 

I didn't understand the logic of passing on a flyer to take one of the day three quarterbacks whether it's the one that went to the patriots the one that went to the saying to the one that went to the Jets. I would've even taken the Tulane guy. My rationale behind it back then was I would've like to see with all of these weapons if you had drafted a quarterback that had more arm talent than the ones we currently had what that would look like. Everyone thought It was a stupid idea then..

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Joe Milton would have beat out AOC and Minshew pretty easily it seems. 

I’ve said it over and over, this Front Office not getting a QB at ALL from this draft is extremely irresponsible. 

Agree and the south Alabama guy wasn’t enough lol