Around The League

Jerry

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I was on the train of drafting one of these QBs in the mid rounds. I felt like Rattler was a 2nd round talent

Definitely head scratching why we didn’t take a late round flyer

Not really. They have AOC who is their developmental guy/career backup and the eye is on finding a franchise QB, not another potential backup. Rattler nor Milton will be anything in the NFL. Don't fall for TC hype.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Joe Milton would have beat out AOC and Minshew pretty easily it seems. 

I’ve said it over and over, this Front Office not getting a QB at ALL from this draft is extremely irresponsible. 

No chance. Wait until he plays and NFL defense. Not in practice. Not against guys who will be out of the league in September. He has no feel, can't read a defense. This is the same DTR argument from a year ago. How'd that turn out when he was asked to start on a talented team? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not really. They have AOC who is their developmental guy/career backup and the eye is on finding a franchise QB, not another potential backup. Rattler nor Milton will be anything in the NFL. Don't fall for TC hype.

TC hype is all we got a the moment 

Our 5th and 6th round picks have flashed at TC too

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

As much grief as I give Carr, Minshew is not better than Carr. It’s closer than some would admit though. 

The money saved between Carr and Minschew is no small matter though. The combo of Minschew and Wilkins is much more impactful on the field than Carr. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

The money saved between Carr and Minschew is no small matter though. The combo of Minschew and Wilkins is much more impactful on the field than Carr. 

Agreed. One of the reasons we have our best roster since our Super Bowl year IMO.

That sounds like an exaggeration, but our 2003-2023 Rosters are nothing to write home about. This is actually a very solid roster, on both sides of the ball. That's just my opinion though. Obviously PFF thinks we have a Bottom 6 Roster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Joe Milton would have beat out AOC and Minshew pretty easily it seems. 

I’ve said it over and over, this Front Office not getting a QB at ALL from this draft is extremely irresponsible. 

You speaking way too soon on this, it's training camp heroes every year that do absolutely nothing when the real games start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

You speaking way too soon on this, it's training camp heroes every year that do absolutely nothing when the real games start.

Yeah you’re right. And really don’t believe in either QB. 

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I had to talk to my son about this.  He was hyping up one of our rookies and I had to tell him the exact same thing.  Like 2-3 dudes come into training camp and have highlight plays every day or play in a preseason game and have like 145 yards rushing and we're all ready to crown these undrafted free agent rookies and then they end up cut and no one picks them up.  

My son was talking about Dylan Laube.  Now that I'm writing this, I remember who it was.  I told him to simmer down.  Dylan Laube may become something but it's just way too early to tell.