Around The League

Jerry

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m wondering why NE doubled dipped in QBs with Milton? Was Maye an Owner pick?

Because they are smart, like Washington did with RGIII and Cousins. Maybe you get two starters in a year. Brissett is veryyyy below average. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Because they are smart, like Washington did with RGIII and Cousins. Maybe you get two starters in a year. Brissett is veryyyy below average. 

GB did it for years with Aaron brooks & Matt Hassleback

14 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

We didn't even want to at least see if Milton could play or develop for a third day pick? 

It's crazy to think about.  He's an athletic freak.  We could have drafted him for cheap and tried to develop him into something.  4 years in the same system and he might become something.  

He seems to be very similar to Anthony Richardson, so it's really hard to understand why one was considered so much more valuable than the other.  Other than Richardson running a 4.4 40 and Milton running a 4.6 40.  But still, doesn't make much sense to me.  Milton was the more accurate player in college too.  And Milton is 2 years older, but I don't think that's a huge difference for QBs.

The world will never know.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

It's crazy to think about.  He's an athletic freak.  We could have drafted him for cheap and tried to develop him into something.  4 years in the same system and he might become something.  

He seems to be very similar to Anthony Richardson, so it's really hard to understand why one was considered so much more valuable than the other.  Other than Richardson running a 4.4 40 and Milton running a 4.6 40.  But still, doesn't make much sense to me.  Milton was the more accurate player in college too.  And Milton is 2 years older, but I don't think that's a huge difference for QBs.

Milton has no touch. He can throw darts and bomb it 70 yards in the air, but he is incapable of layering throws. His touch is horrible. He has a fastball and that's it. Which also leads to poor accuracy. His TD pass last night is a good example. Horrible pass. Throws the fast ball which looks good with a guy wide open. But defended as it would be with starting defenses, that pass is broken up or worse. 

Richardson can actually layer throws and has shown some touch to work with. Milton worked with Harbaugh and never learned a darn thing. Should tell you about his development potential. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Milton has no touch. He can throw darts and bomb it 70 yards in the air, but he is incapable of layering throws. His touch is horrible. He has a fastball and that's it. Which also leads to poor accuracy. His TD pass last night is a good example. Horrible pass. Throws the fast ball which looks good with a guy wide open. But defended as it would be with starting defenses, that pass is broken up or worse. 

Richardson can actually layer throws and has shown some touch to work with. Milton worked with Harbaugh and never learned a darn thing. Should tell you about his development potential. 

Alright.  The world knows.  Thanks for the info!

23 hours ago, Jerry said:

The thing about Milton outshining Drake May  that's worth consideration too is it's not like Drake May is more talented. They actually match each other in talent and one you had to draft third overall and the other drafted in the fifth round

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing about Milton outshining Drake May  that's worth consideration too is it's not like Drake May is more talented. They actually match each other in talent and one you had to draft third overall and the other drafted in the fifth round

Maye is a much more talented passer. There’s a difference between talent and athletic gifts. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not out of the realm of possibility that Milton just developed more since his final college season

Sure that's possible but we couldn't draft him in the fifth round just off of the traits? The Patriots that already drafted a quarterback very high drafted him I'm at basic principle. The problem I have with spencer rattler or Joe Milton doing well at camp is it might be a sign that Telesco doesn't know how to evaluate the quarterback as good as one would think for someone who drafted Herbert. It would seem more like the quarterback fell into his lap. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Maye is a lot more talented, even as he adjusts to the NFL. If anyone watched Joe Milton at Michigan or Tennessee, they would not be hyping this guy. He's athletic with a big arm. He's a spot thrower, with no touch. Wildly inaccurate on short and intermediate throws.

People really need to stop falling for trailing camp hype. The moment he faces a first team defense in a live game, he will be exposed. He's not a processor and decision maker. He's a 24 year old developmental prospect with no accuracy. Good luck. 

• Like 2