Around The League

Jerry

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Once Harbaugh was off the table, oh to be a fly on the wall to hear why AP was chosen over X,Y,Z potential candidate, right? 

I had no problem with AP assuming that the right OC was chosen. Once Luke Getsy was chosen, was the beginning of when I became skeptical.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I had no problem with AP assuming that the right OC was chosen. Once Luke Getsy was chosen, was the beginning of when I became skeptical.

I didn't outright hate the AP hire itself. 

I didn't, however, like how it seemed to be a done deal inside job from the start though. We hired him without interviewing really anyone. 

I'd love to know what the rationale was, not for picking AP, rather not appearing to look at anyone else with any real vigor. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I didn't, however, like how it seemed to be a done deal inside job from the start though. We hired him without interviewing really anyone. 

I'd love to know what the rationale was, not for picking AP, rather not appearing to look at anyone else with any real vigor. 

The only candidates I really liked were the Bobby Slowvick guy though. As much as I like Jim Harbaugh I knew he was going to do the Greg Roman thing which I wasnt a fan of. 

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ultimately, there was to much internal support. Then Maxx went out and made it public how they locker room felt. More or less forced Mark Davis' hand is how I see it. 

But leadership is about doing what is best for your organization and he needed to nail the coaching and staff hires coming off the McDaniels debacle. He instead succumbed to pressure and took the easy path. 

Only saving grace... Johnson, Slowik and Kubiak get another year of seasoning I guess. But Mark will probably try to hire Gruden again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Ultimately, there was to much internal support. Then Maxx went out and made it public how they locker room felt. More or less forced Mark Davis' hand is how I see it. 

But leadership is about doing what is best for your organization and he needed to nail the coaching and staff hires coming off the McDaniels debacle. He instead succumbed to pressure and took the easy path. 

Only saving grace... Johnson, Slowik and Kubiak get another year of seasoning I guess. But Mark will probably try to hire Gruden again. 

My thing with that though is who was the better candidate beside harbaugh

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr's always been consistent stat guy. The problem is winning in December and beyond. 

The thing that always been my problem with getting rid of car was now it's caused instability at the quarterback position which is just a problematic place to be if you don't deal with the issue organically(organically being that you're actually in the position to draft a quarterback and don't have to trade up or do some thing ridiculous).

I don't think anyone can dispute that we were automatically a better football team simply because he's the quarterback no we're not having quarterback battles 

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Defenses are catching up which is great to see. Oline play in the NFL is terrible and there is a lot of bad QB play. The dual threat QB fad has taken over, but the game is still won from the pocket. Which is why a lot of these guys struggle. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing that always been my problem with getting rid of car was now it's caused instability at the quarterback position which is just a problematic place to be if you don't deal with the issue organically(organically being that you're actually in the position to draft a quarterback and don't have to trade up or do some thing ridiculous).

I don't think anyone can dispute that we were automatically a better football team simply because he's the quarterback no we're not having quarterback battles 

Agree, I was wrong on this as I thought at least moving Carr would open up possibility of drafting a new QB qyucikly. Which in the end it will. But being stuck as a mid team and being out of reach of QB is a problem. They really have no end in sight until the wheels come all the way off and they fall into a high draft pick. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Defenses are catching up which is great to see. Oline play in the NFL is terrible and there is a lot of bad QB play. The dual threat QB fad has taken over, but the game is still won from the pocket. Which is why a lot of these guys struggle. 

True. Also there’s been more talent on the defensive side of ball coming into the NFL the last 3-5 years. The athleticism from every position on defense has never been like this 

Also, yes the o-line talent in the NfL has fallen off especially interior