Around The League

Jerry

I think the most disappointing part of all of this season is the fact that Jayden Daniels looks really good so far this season.  The way he has played these first three games I would have forgiven the Raiders for trading away the farm to get him.  He looks like a player you can build a playoff caliber team around.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You sure do like to lay out a lot of projections as if they're fact. 

Wasn't Mark surefire giving the GM slot to your boy Chump and Getsy was going to run a tin of 2 TE sets and use Bowers all over the place too? 

Sorta like your projections McDaniels had learned and would install the Way, these are just more baseless hopes you cross your fingers your right about. 

Be better dude.... 

You can't argue Bowers was not the BPA.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's all about the future until the franchise QB arrives. Same as it ever was.

Why do we have adams? If we’re building for the future why bring in Wilkins? Why bring in Gardner? That doesn’t really seem like moves for the future more like attempt to win now mode.

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Why do we have adams? If we’re building for the future why bring in Wilkins? Why bring in Gardner? That doesn’t really seem like moves for the future more like attempt to win now mode.

They were definitely trying to win now, AP, Getsy, and Telesco are simply the worst HC/OC/GM trio in football.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Because putting a hat on a pig still leaves you with a pig. 

Point is, this group doesn't know whether they want to rebuild or try and win know. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too. The moves we've made make the disconnect very very apparent. 

Both guys, AP and Telesco, should be in "build" mode. @Styrian Raider brought up the good question about the team identity and whether HC and GM are even on the same page. 

We didn't draft or sign FAs like a team with everyone on the same page. 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think the most disappointing part of all of this season is the fact that Jayden Daniels looks really good so far this season.  The way he has played these first three games I would have forgiven the Raiders for trading away the farm to get him.  He looks like a player you can build a playoff caliber team around.

Washington 100% wasn't moving off that pick. I've made the argument that I don't buy for a minute the Giants, Bears (pick #2), Jets, or Titans were 100% off the table. Washington was though. 

And that's what frustrates me given how I feel discussions and planning went down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we only called Washington, we're told "no", and punted like AP likes to do down 2 scores late in the 4th. 

Nobody is convincing me that AP + Jayden's connection was propped up as the selling point for Kliff until it became obvious Washington wasn't budging and we hired GM Florida Man who stands his ground. AP wanting Jayden and having Kliff all bit ready to go only to see Kliff go to where Jayden was going is way too convenient. AP either overpromised, Telesco's strategy tanked a deal, or both occurred. What didn't happen is Kliff just got miffed over some cash and we just got unlucky. That level of a lack of luck absolutely requires someone, or multiple people, dropping the ball hard.