Total Control GM Mock Draft - 2024

ny92mike

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

@ny92mike

Mike, can you give us an update on when we'll start? Can we do anything to help you?

Yeah sorry for not saying this earlier.

I have a new GM at the course I work at and I just got informed we are rebuilding our entire online platform.

I hate to do this to you guys but it's going to be a while before I'll have the time to run this mock.  Probably looking at closer to the end of this month.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I have a new GM at the course I work at and I just got informed we are rebuilding our entire online platform.

I hate to do this to you guys but it's going to be a while before I'll have the time to run this mock.  Probably looking at closer to the end of this month.

Damn.   Two weeks after FA begins in real life!  That would defeat the purpose of TCMD.  Damn!

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with the new project at work too.

IMO it's more fun to do free agency or the draft before out real life counterparts make their decisions but it's still worth doing the full offseason with free agency rather than just taking real life results and tacking on the draft to them. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with the new project at work too.

IMO it's more fun to do free agency or the draft before out real life counterparts make their decisions but it's still worth doing the full offseason with free agency rather than just taking real life results and tacking on the draft to them. 

I'm fine locking rosters now and doing our own FA when Mike has time vs. just cutting out FA and going straight to a draft.

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

I'm fine locking rosters now and doing our own FA when Mike has time vs. just cutting out FA and going straight to a draft.

I think this makes sense.

But, if it has to be the other way, I for one am not gonna get butthurt if we just do the draft.  The FA side seems way more difficult to handle anyway, and we could still maybe do draft pick for player trades and whatnot.  I know it's a huge undertaking for @ny92mike so I won't complain if it can't get done completely.  I just had a baby last year, so I had a big refresher on how intensely life can happen.

And let's be real, how many of us like the free agency part half as well as we like the mock draft?

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think this makes sense.

But, if it has to be the other way, I for one am not gonna get butthurt if we just do the draft.  The FA side seems way more difficult to handle anyway, and we could still maybe do draft pick for player trades and whatnot.  I know it's a huge undertaking for @ny92mike so I won't complain if it can't get done completely.  I just had a baby last year, so I had a big refresher on how intensely life can happen.

And let's be real, how many of us like the free agency part half as well as we like the mock draft?

Agreed - I'm good either way

23 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Me too

Yeah, I don't mind second guessing my team's real life GM. The tags, cap management, player trades, etc are more fun than just drafting prospects imo. Real life Bears are probably going to trade Fields and pick a QB at the top. But the TCMD Bears GM might want to go another way and build around Fields. That should be an option for them.