Total Control GM Mock Draft - 2024

ny92mike

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Well, might just have to accept that it doesn't happen, or it's in a world where we already know what happens in FA too.

Worst case we try and get some drafts done. 

Mike said he may not be back until end of this month.  What do we do now? 

On 3/3/2024 at 8:09 AM, ny92mike said:

Yeah sorry for not saying this earlier.

I have a new GM at the course I work at and I just got informed we are rebuilding our entire online platform.

I hate to do this to you guys but it's going to be a while before I'll have the time to run this mock.  Probably looking at closer to the end of this month.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:21 AM, JetsandI said:

Damn.   Two weeks after FA begins in real life!  That would defeat the purpose of TCMD.  Damn!

As long as rosters are uploaded into the sheets we can start on our own tangent, be fun to see alternate moves people make after the fact.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Mike said he may not be back until end of this month.  What do we do now? 

If people want to do a draft, and there are some good spreadsheet people in here, I can help you get data, and @EaglesPeteC and I can run the draft version(s). But we need help with a handholding excel sheet

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As long as rosters are uploaded into the sheets we can start on our own tangent, be fun to see alternate moves people make after the fact.

At this point makes more sense to just do a draft only mock

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JetsandI said:

JCH or bowser?

Not a spreadsheet person.

I would have volunteered to run it (or build another version) if I was ANY good at spreadsheets.

I am not

Self-taught Excel and that was 20 years ago.

I am down for whatever and we did have like 30+ people interested... 

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

At this point makes more sense to just do a draft only mock

I'd prefer not to do it this way, but as someone not doing the leg work, I won't complain.  I know the FA part of this is arduous.

I would say if we're doing mock only, how far after the start of free agency do we want to set it?  I think it ought to be at least a week or two to get the big signings done.  That would make for a more realistic mock draft if we know what the teams have actually addressed in free agency.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I do not,but quick google search came up with this one posted on Reddit that guy made so people could copy it in google sheets.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TaVS0OgEDdmbepp5QFQxvgrXRTtrhoo3DF7FO3DGaT4/edit#gid=0

Could not find an exportable order (yet), but Drafttek has most trades + compensatory picks

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'd prefer not to do it this way, but as someone not doing the leg work, I won't complain.  I know the FA part of this is arduous.

I would say if we're doing mock only, how far after the start of free agency do we want to set it?  I think it ought to be at least a week or two to get the big signings done.  That would make for a more realistic mock draft if we know what the teams have actually addressed in free agency.

I wouldn’t look to start something until towards the end of the month. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I have accumulated a lot of data, and can build a rudimentary sheet, but honestly won't get anywhere near as pretty as Mike had it. 

If it’s not FA and just the draft, I can help out some.  Definitely nowhere what Mike pulls, but just let me know what you want and I can throw something together for you

7 hours ago, RedGold said:

If it’s not FA and just the draft, I can help out some.  Definitely nowhere what Mike pulls, but just let me know what you want and I can throw something together for you

I've built together some good data and information and got it going. I think I just need someone above my "intermediate level" to tie it all together. The strikethrough if/ then formulas when someone is selected, etc. I can share it on google drive if you want to peek at what I have and see what we can do. Ideally, the heavy lifting is done, and some scrubbing puts us in an amenable position. I will reach out to you on Discord later. 

• Like 2