Week 14 GDT: Titans @ 49ers

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Our problems in short field simply can't be understated. We are terrible. We can't become a good team without scoring more touchdowns. To me, that says improved offensive line + legit red zone weapon. 

So many ways to go with the draft.  A big bodies receiver who is strong and can catch would be huge for us. LIterally.  Simmie Cobbs looked like that guy every time I watched him play this year and maybe could be there for our 3rd round pick.

Just now, big9erfan said:

So many ways to go with the draft.  A big bodies receiver who is strong and can catch would be huge for us. LIterally.  Simmie Cobbs looked like that guy every time I watched him play this year and maybe could be there for our 3rd round pick.

Lezard as well. Both big body guys. Also, there are some guys who aren't quite that big that are more hand physical that could create some space in tight quarters. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Have to say, I feel the same. It's a shame because Foster is such a great player when he's playing.

We should turn him into a receiver. Receivers have all sorts of rules to protect them. You can't hit them, hold them, basically touch them. Either that, or he should be traded to a baseball team. 

Just now, big9erfan said:

Reuben Foster seems to suffer from fragile football player syndrome.

I wonder if he's just the type of guy who overreacts to injuries. Like Staley. Staley, when he gets his leg twisted or something, just lies there and starts screaming as if his ACL had popped, gets carted off, only to get back on the field three series later. He's done it a few times over his career. Does Foster really get injured 5 times a game, or is he just mostly scared of being hurt, only to realize five minutes later that it was really that bad?

Archived