2024 Baltimore Ravens Transactions Tracker

12 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

That $5 million opened up by cutting or trading Andrews is far, far too small of a sum to consider doing either of things. It's lunacy. We can't be getting rid of pass-catchers that Lamar trusts. Especially one as good as Mark. 

This might be a hot take, but at this point I think Likely might be better than Mark, especially when it comes to what Likely brings from a YAC perspective. Mark adds almost zero value from a YAC perspective. He's a decent blocker, but Likely really balled out when Mark was out and it seemed like our offense got better without Mark out there ad-libbing most of his routes.

Now, this may just be prisoner of the moment type of thing but if we're thinking about the future of this offense, I do love the idea of a 2 TE system but if we're going with an 11 personnel offense, at this point I think Likely brings more than Mark does, and it seems like they're both trending in opposite directions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://russellstreetreport.com/2024/02/12/baltimore-ravens-salary-cap/baltimore-ravens-2024-salary-cap-preview/

Screen-Shot-2024-02-12-at-8.24.29-AM-768

Didn't know this:

"Beckham redid his contract in early January and removed the void years from his contract in 2024 and 2025.  This restructure allowed the team to avoid the acceleration of his void years into 2024 and allowed the Ravens to release Beckham with a post-June 1 release if he is not re-signed by March 16th.  Like with Stephens, an extension would increase Beckham’s Cap number for 2024."

Yeah and I think there's a decent chance Beckham is back too. That would be a lot of continuity for Lamar. I'm of the opinion that the OL needs to be the top priority this offseason, one way or another, and with all the other pieces in place I think we could really see an even bigger step forward from the offense.

Just have to find a way to keep the useful backs healthy and in the rotation. 

3 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Yeah and I think there's a decent chance Beckham is back too. That would be a lot of continuity for Lamar. I'm of the opinion that the OL needs to be the top priority this offseason, one way or another, and with all the other pieces in place I think we could really see an even bigger step forward from the offense.

Just have to find a way to keep the useful backs healthy and in the rotation. 

Meh. Hopefully not. He robbed the team once, I’m good. I’d rather we draft a young WR on day 2 of the draft that can be a special teams option and potential player to develop.

I’d rather see spend the free agent capital on maintaining the defense and adding depth to the CB room specifically.

• Like 1

I don't think people realize how volatile this WR room is right now. At the current moment we are relying on the following to happen to even be a mediocre WR group:

1. Zay Flowers is found completely innocent in the Domestic Violence investigation
  2. Rashod Bateman plays a full, healthy season

Both of those things happening, quite honestly, is not probable, and if either one of those things doesn't happen we are now right back in the bottom 5 WR groups in the NFL IMO.

Even with OBJ on the roster, it doesn't change anything. The guy was good for like 2-3 catches per game and after each catch he'd almost always get up limping or having some injury. We still need another solid WR who can be counted on to be on the field consistently.

I'm fine with rolling with Cleveland at RG. He's played well enough recently that I think he can handle it. He's been coached up for 3 years, time to put up.

I initially thought we might cut Moses, but now I think we may keep our LT/C/RT in place and swap in new guards.

• Like 1

Every time I think about how important this upcoming offseason will be, I get angry thinking about the choke job in the AFC Championship game. Just doesn't sit right in my soul, lol.

• O-line should be the priority (As noted)
  • Corner and pass rush should be next on the list
  • A criminal investigation should be opened on the disrespect of Gus Edwards (Bro deserved better!) Wonder where he goes next?

Sidenote: This Derrick Henry business I see on social media should be canned. You had Henry on the team already statistically speaking last year. (Relatively anyway)  And the Ravens hate running the football in the postseason, so why waste money there when you can draft someone in the 4th round or later.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Whatever happens this off-season, Bateman needs to be a 1st or 2nd read on most pass plays next year. This is watching an elite route runner just do cardio because Lamar's reads literally do not include 7.

How many of these is the ball already out. Not trying to be a tool, but I watched a few and the ball was out and or Lamar’s shoulders were pointing in the other direction, so it makes sense that the defense would position coverage over that way and leave Bateman on an island. And once the ball is thrown, it similarly would make sense that he would get “open”.

I’ll have to watch this after work, but I don’t disagree that Bateman should absolutely be given more of a 2a/2b role within the offense as we saw with OBJ when he was out there.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:35 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think people realize how volatile this WR room is right now. At the current moment we are relying on the following to happen to even be a mediocre WR group:

1. Zay Flowers is found completely innocent in the Domestic Violence investigation

Both of those things happening, quite honestly, is not probable, and if either one of those things doesn't happen we are now right back in the bottom 5 WR groups in the NFL IMO.

Even with OBJ on the roster, it doesn't change anything. The guy was good for like 2-3 catches per game and after each catch he'd almost always get up limping or having some injury. We still need another solid WR who can be counted on to be on the field consistently.

I mean I can’t speak to where this statement is coming from and perhaps who is sleeping on the need of a WR, but I think this draft isn’t “all that” at the WR position in terms of where we are picking… you’ve got Marvin Harrison Jr and Malik Nabors as elite WR talents IMO. Then you’ve got Rome Odunze who is the caliber of what we’ve seen in years past as the level of WR talent that might normally be available around pick 15-25, but seems to have inflated stock at this point. Brian Thomas Jr also is a 15-25 type and has the talent to be special.

But beyond that the strength of the WR position is in the depth over other years. The dropoff between Troy Franklin and guys like Legette, Coleman, McConkey, etc isn’t grand. So waiting until the 2nd and perhaps 3rd round to address the WR position isn’t as big a difference as in years past IMO. It’s all fit and flavor after the first 4-5 WR options IMO.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

The more I think about it, I think this OL is fine:
LT Stanley
LG Mekari
C Linderbaum
RG Cleveland
RT Moses

We need T depth for sure, and eventual T replacements. But just for this one year it's fine. If we have the opportunity to add a great player we should do it, but there is no hole. 

Having Mekari as a versatile swing OL is a nice luxury, but when you are tight against the cap, if he is making good money he needs to be starting. I like him as the pulling LG with Cleveland with power on the right.

IMO our QB, TE, WR, and OL all have starting caliber players at each position on the roster now.

The major hole is RB.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:35 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

1. Sounds as if the investigation into Flowers has been suspended pending a miracle witness giving testimony into the allegations. 
2. Bateman showed he could play healthy this past season. Season high 16 games. Remember we were known on the players poll to have the worst strength and conditioning coaches back in February 2023. Many players came out against Saunders saying he caused them worse injuries and honestly this past season we saw some, but not what has been seen for the past 3-5 seasons. 

The video above regarding Bateman isn't the first time I've seen conversations about his route tree this past season. He did show separation throughout games, but lets be fair. He was injured over the first 2 seasons and his rapport with Lamar isn't remotely close as to what Flowers and Mark have with Lamar. Then we add Nelson and Odell into the mix, I'd be willing to say Bateman only played 60% of the offensive snaps this season (estimated). They brought him back slow in the beginning and he continued to earn time on the field throughout. This is a make or break year, but i still see the same potential from his college game tape. 2024 he will have opportunities. 

Flowers - Bateman - Nelson - (mid round rookie flyer?)
Andrews - Likely - Kolar 

I'm fine with going into the draft and free agency with these guys.