Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

It's incredible though. That guy is unhinged right now. I went back to my original post to see if I somehow came off as condescending and I don't see how any rational person could think that I did. He is throwing a tantrum that my 1 year old nephew would be proud of.

Ok. Well, thanks for stopping by. 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

We're a pass-first team, and we were 32nd in pass attempts this year???

Generally I would look at neutral pass rate percentages to judge whether a team is a pass first team, not so much total pass attempts. Can be too easily swayed by situation. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Generally I would look at neutral pass rate percentages to judge whether a team is a pass first team, not so much total pass attempts. Can be too easily swayed by situation. 

Shanahan is definitely the most balanced playcaller in the league. I think we had three more runs than passes called this year. 

But I can't get behind the notion that we're a pass-first team. That was never the case even going back to his dad in Denver, and SF. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wilks called a very good game. He did his job. Held KC to 19 points in regulation and 7 came off a muffed punt. 

There was a 2nd and 15 or whatever that I was livid about him going really soft coverage on, and I disliked a third down blitz call he made, but (grading on a curve), I was pleasantly surprised with Wilks in this one. I thought he was fine. Better than I expected, though not sure what that says 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

We're a pass-first team, and we were 32nd in pass attempts this year???

And we invest heavily in run blockers, and make due with lackluster performance in pass-pro, but we're a pass first team??? 

Has a Shanahan-lead team, from pops to son ever had more pass attempts on the season than running attempts??? At least teams that finished with a winning record??? 

I don't care what we end up with. We damn near won every game by double figures this season and that screwed the pass/run numbers. It was obvious all season that Kyle used the pass to set up the run and not the other way around. 

• Like 1

Potential catharsis. From 49ers webzone of all places. Although some of the comments are pretty depressing, but understandable. Might take next year off myself. Getting older, it gets tougher to stay plugged in. Figure I've given the franchise 30 years of being patient for another. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/197273-honest-question-should-quit/page3/search=Young2Owens

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't care what we end up with. We damn near won every game by double figures this season and that screwed the pass/run numbers. It was obvious all season that Kyle used the pass to set up the run and not the other way around. 

Weird, I think the exact opposite is true.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah I don't really agree. And I won't get into it now, but I'll just leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

There was a 2nd and 15 or whatever that I was livid about him going really soft coverage on, and I disliked a third down blitz call he made, but (grading on a curve), I was pleasantly surprised with Wilks in this one. I thought he was fine. Better than I expected, though not sure what that says 

I mean allowing 19 points in regulation should win you the game. He did very good. The blitz was a bad call but at that point Mahomes got it rolling so not much he could do. Our edge rushers brought it and rushed very disciplined for the most part.

This is more on the offense than the defense. 

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

What is the most critical move that needs to be made from a personnel viewpoint this offseason?

1. Right side of the line
  2. Defensive line
  3. Secondary corner

I think I'd probably go with offensive line first, Mckivitz was really freaking bad....but the defensive line needs help 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Nah I don't really agree. And I won't get into it now, but I'll just leave it at that. 

Ok 👌

2 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Weird, I think the exact opposite is true.

That's fine.