The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Breaking: sources say why Macdonald joined Seattle over Washington “ It was a tough decision but in the end I chose the Seahawks because the name doesn’t suck”

I know this is fake, but damn this is funny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Well what he did in college is college. We'll find out if the NFL, his stupid *** schtick, and his history in it will hold up. The game is different from 10+ years ago.

You could be absolutely correct. All I can go off of is his resume'. And its a strong one. 

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And so what do you do when he’s out after three years and destroyed the locker room culture like before?  

A lot of the problems were between Baalke and Harbs.. owner picked Baalke but it was time to blow up the roster anyway. His message did get a little stale at the end but I think if he and the FO were in lockstep it woulda been fine

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

You could be absolutely correct. All I can go off of is his resume'. And its a strong one. 

His NFL one? Rivera and Quinn made as many Super Bowls as Harbaugh. Good for him winning in college again. We'll see if he wins again in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

His NFL one? Rivera and Quinn made as many Super Bowls as Harbaugh. Good for him winning in college again. We'll see if he wins again in the NFL.

He coached 4 years in the NFL and made it to the NFC Championship game 3 out of 4 years. One of those years he went to the Super Bowl. I mean, he won 43 games in 4 years with the Niners and never finished below 8 wins. 

Edited by lavar703

He coached 4 years in the NFL and made it to the NFC Championship game 3 out of 4 years. One of those years he went to the Super Bowl. I mean, he won 43 games in 4 years with the Niners and never finished below 8 wins. 

He didn’t win, and the end result was a period of losing arguably as bad as how well his tenure went.  

Just now, lavar703 said:

He coached 4 years in the NFL and made it to the NFC Championship game 3 out of 4 years. One of those years he went to the Super Bowl. 

Rivera and Quinn made the ultimate game in the years they coached Atlanta and the Panthers. And it was all like 10 years ago too! 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The players reportedly hate him so I doubt it. 

A majority of our players have us picking pick number 2. I doubt it too but I just put it out EB might not be a popular hire I just think he actually is a leader. I think he means what he says as in he actually wants to get the best out of guys. So he pushes men because men should want to be pushed. I get he probably won’t but I think he is a leader. I don’t think Ron being guys friends helped EB’s case. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Rivera and Quinn made the ultimate game in the years they coached Atlanta and the Panthers. And it was all like 10 years ago too! 

Would you say what Rivera/Quinn have done since is comparable/as good as what Harbaugh has accomplished? 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And they were literally begging him to leave at the end. Everyone hates that dude. 

Would you say what Rivera/Quinn have done since is comparable/as good as what Harbaugh has accomplished? 

They worked in different levels of football since then, so from an overall standpoint? No. Harbaugh winning in college is better looking. From being in the NFL standpoint? Hell who knows. At least they were in the NFL. Didn't run away at the first sign of adversity. 

• Like 1

They've botched this so bad I would just throw all of their original plans out the window. If it were me at this point, I'd call Belichick. I would sit him down and say look, we're the only chance you have of coaching in the league this year. Here's how its going to work. You get 3 years with us. You don't get any personnel control. We're not going to make you coach up a young QB, we're going to trade down from 2. We will load up this team with talent across the board with a boatload of picks. You can either roll with Howell next year or we can get you a veteran QB like Cousins or Wilson in free agency. You have 3 years to get the wins record but then we are moving on from you. We have Belichick coach up the young players on defense for a few years, then we have a do over in the HC cycle again in 3 years. At that time we hire a young offensive HC to take over and trade up to get our QB. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They've botched this so bad I would just throw all of their original plans out the window. If it were me at this point, I'd call Belichick. I would sit him down and say look, we're the only chance you have of coaching in the league this year. Here's how its going to work. You get 3 years with us. You don't get any personnel control. We're not going to make you coach up a young QB, we're going to trade down from 2. We will load up this team with talent across the board with a boatload of picks. You can either roll with Howell next year or we can get you a veteran QB like Cousins or Wilson in free agency. You have 3 years to get the wins record but then we are moving on from you. We have Belichick coach up the young players on defense for a few years, then we have a do over in the HC cycle again in 3 years. At that time we hire a young offensive HC to take over and trade up to get our QB. 

Belichick isn't in Atlanta because he refuses to give up personnel control. That's not happening here either. 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

They worked in different levels of football since then, so from an overall standpoint? No. Harbaugh winning in college is better looking. From being in the NFL standpoint? Hell who knows. At least they were in the NFL. Didn't run away at the first sign of adversity. 

Or he simply didn't get along with Baalke. Who according to rumors is having issues with Pederson.